big trip...limpopo, NC, WC(George&Vredenburg) and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0lt3n

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Hi guys. I want to start planning for a lekker big bike trip. I will be going with my wife as pillion and looking for some nice scenic routes and a lot of gravel.
I will be making stops/sleepovers inbetween the towns mentioned. The towns are just there as I have family there to give me a bed. I do not want to carry camping gear as its a long trip already with my wife..if I can keep her happy with guesthouses and such then the chances of this happening is so much better  :biggrin:

I want to drive from Thabazimbi Limpopo down to Kuruman/Postmasburg/Kimberley Northern cape. What is nice on that route? Bray areas?
then down to George. What is nice en-route? Karoo?
at George I want to spend some time resting and doing Baviaans/Swartberg and Die Hel.

From there to Stellenbosch. I think any route to there will be nice. Then I want to use this again as base to trave Cederberge some.
from here I want to go via cape town (chapmans peak  ;) ) to Vredenburg. There maybe ride in some white sand. Anything nice en-route?

I do not know how long this will all take, do I go back now or up, Springbok area? Anything nice there? Anything nice en route back to Thabazimbi from there?

The map is what I thought of, my first rough draft.
How long do you guys think something like this will take?15 days? 20?

So basically, what can I add where on my route and what should I take out and replace with something better? Do you guys have any routes you would llike to share with me (pretty please  ;D :3some: ;D)

Attachments

• trippie.jpg
    trippie.jpg
    94.4 KB

Latest posts