Bike Com's Rental

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Kuun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I have been reading the thread, re bike com's, with interest and couldnt help wondering if there is anybody who has these commonucation systems for hire or demo. I did a quick search and couldnt find anything (granted-I suck at searching).

A person gets rental bikes, VHF radios for hire and just about anything else. So where are the bike communication systems for hire?

I am sure there will be a market for people not wanting to buy an expensive system they will only need once off, or people that cant afford the system yet but need it. There is certainly a market for radio hire in the 4x4 department. I know my oldman isnt a keen bike tourer but we are doing a longish trip later this year and he would rather rent a unit, at Rxx/day, for the week than buy a unit, for R4000, and stash it for the next 20 years.

This could also probably help sort out a lot of the "which is better" issues. If a person could rent/demo a unit, do a weekend trip using it and get a feel for it, then compare the various units, they could identify a unit most suited to their needs.

Latest posts