Bike Riding Rocks, when you're riding some rocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
So this weekend it was time for some trail riding, read Lots of Rocks!

The dog was happy about it this time
DSC01292Medium.jpg

Now...riding rocks has some basic principles...I think, I don't know them, nor have I been taught them, I usually just bash at them and somehow make it  :biggrin:

The ride took place on some Super-Secret-Trails...as you can see...they are pretty locked up:
DSC01317Medium.jpg

...but that's just to keep the Gypsey's out\

NOTE: THIS IS NOT OUR FARM, IT'S SOME ROADS OUTSIDE LADISMITH

Once you find a way in, you discover an amazing world, of trails and scenery
DSC01307Medium.jpg

Some hiking trails around here for those without two wheels, map hut thing:
DSC01303Medium.jpg

This is the "highway" into the area
DSC01304Medium.jpg

And then it gradually turns into more fun
DSC01305Medium.jpg

I think I'm the first bike to ever ride this trail?
DSC01306Medium.jpg

Last piece of nice road..before the rocks start
DSC01308Medium.jpg

That rocks...
DSC01309Medium.jpg

Blue gum tree's
DSC01311Medium.jpg

Looks allot like the riding in Trailriders area, surprising, seeing as this is the "Klein Karoo"
DSC01312Medium.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS!! ...They even had some sand! ...Lovely
DSC01313Medium.jpg

Some more of the nice scenery:
DSC01314Medium.jpg

How's that for a road  :mwink: Rocks... nom nom nom
DSC01315Medium.jpg

The road turned to this
DSC01319Medium.jpg

Then it got seriously wet  :eek:  :biggrin:
DSC01320Medium.jpg

Then it turned to zees
DSC01321Medium.jpg

Riding out I saw a bench infront of me on a small mountain...I though...why? Why would anyone go sit there? ...then I glanced back to see what the bench sitters would be staring at...
Breathtaking
DSC01322Medium.jpg

Epic Dirtbike!
DSC01325Medium.jpg

Turnoff into the gravel highway, the week before I hit a steenbok at over 90km/h on the railway when Malcolm and I were heading to Atlantis, it came out of nowhere in the port jacksons, I hit it side on it threw the bike out of the track and I missed a cement sign post with inches, the front leg on the buck was broken as it didn't even run off, I stayed on the bike somehow? Luck? I dunno, but that being said, I was allot less throttle happy on the fast stuff past these trees where you can't see this weekend
DSC01326Medium.jpg

Bergopvanggebied, the name's a mouthful, so is the water they bottle here
DSC01327Medium.jpg

A monument on the road, this machine was used to dig trenches where the Gypsies used to live in
DSC01328Medium.jpg

MEANWHILE...

This was back on our farm, riding the new route, All dogs invited to come and try it, and camp out here  :thumleft:
DSC01329Medium.jpg

The area has abit of rocks...
DSC01330Medium.jpg

And rocks...
DSC01331Medium.jpg

Consider myself lucky to have learnt riding in areas like these, helps allot to build skill
DSC01333Medium.jpg

Lovely
DSC01340Medium.jpg

DSC01341Medium.jpg

DSC01342Medium.jpg

Last bit of epic rocks
DSC01344Medium.jpg

What a great last minute ride, no planning, I initially went looking for a road I have seen from the main road that runs along the mountains outside town, but then came across the new Gypsey Village road, (Yes, that's what I'm calling it) which turned out to be a great rocky road...

Nice one Ettiene !!  :thumleft:

This is where the fun is not knowing but then finding out.

Well done .

Ettienne as ons broers was sou ons nooit by die huis gewees het nie net gery het dag en nag.  Moes net odd jobs gedoen het om my bike aan die lewe te hou.  Verder net ry en ry en ry en ry  Daar is paaie galore daarso.  Sulke paaie is mos verbode hierso by ons :thumleft:

My bike wonder wat nou aangaan!!.  Maar haar olie is getap en haar airfilter moet skoonkom voor die naweek van 18 April.  Gaan jy ook na die Winder (waterberge) toe die 18 April!

sorry man ettienne ek het my lyne skeefgetrek.  ons gaan nie winterberge toe nie maar gaan ons naweek reel dat TR, Bern rooster daai honda gereel kan kry en dan op 'n plaas bietjie saam met almal bike ry

Kwaai, jy gaan die paadjies by ons geniet! As jy mooi praat met TR sal hy jou van sy super secret paaie wys daar in die bos by hom
43.jpg

Hoe is daai vir 'n bed?
49.jpg

Ek sal TR sweettalk dit sal hopelik werk.  Ek praat gewoonlik almal om my se koppe deurmekaar. Ek sal by hom die datums solank kyk wanneer hom pas.  ek dog dis April maar hy kyk eerder in mei maand vir die gathering.

So when are you doing a trail with some rocks in it????........just kidding.  I am sure that was awesome.  Nice scenary.