Bloody Garmin etrex 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeltonsc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
I'm very pissed off with Garmin, seems they dont repair just replace replace and replace and it ends up costing a fortune

I have an Etrex 30 that I paid a fortune for a few years ago, I cracked the LCD panel about 2 years ago, I backed up my maps to my PC and chucked it in the drawer cause at the time they also could not fix the device and wanted to replace it.

now 2 years later I decide I need this GPS for a trip so I order a LCD off the Web.

I get the LCD and fit it to the GPS now the dam thing simply will not power on and the USB will not be recognized in on my laptop.

I measured the little onboard battery on the PCB and it was flat, If I plug in the USB cable the charge voltage on the little watch battery climbs to 3 volts as it should.

however after 24 hours the unit still will not power on and Garmin SA has their normal story we will replace with the Etrex 30x at around R3k jeepers that s my fuel budget for my trip.

mmmmmm, I give up sometimes

has anyone else had an issue with an Etrex that simply will not power up after lying dormant in a cupboard for some time?