BMW connected ride a disappointment for me (so far)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonowono

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I recently got a new 1250 gsa after trading in my 2016 1200gsa. I loved the old bike apart from costing me R26k+ for the last service as the front shock had to be replaced.(23k kms)
Maybe I’m just technologically challenged but I’m not enjoying the new tft and the way it works at all. My iphone (13) looses bluetooth with the bike often. Playing music just doesn’t work most of the time and it seems very slow to react, Adjusting volume with the wheel does not work. After making a call (while riding) the app exits and needs to be restarted. The app only runs in portrait mode except for the map display.( I got a charging cradle which sits in the gps bracket) The only option I get for choosing a destination is POI and favourites , while riding at least.
So I made peace with the fact that I will just use my old nav v , connect my phone directly to the Sena, and ignore the other technological advancements, which at this time is mostly a frustration. The rest of the package is good as always and the bike is a pleasure to ride. (except for the quick shifter which should rather not be used lower than 3rd gear)
Maybe I’m the only one feeling like this..