• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW G650 Xchallenge: R40000 (Sold)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
After being a long time lurker on this forum for years I'm finally breaking my silence because I've reluctantly decided to sell my X.

I bought it off this forum in 2013 with 25000kms on it and its now sitting on just over 43000kms. 90% of that dirt  8)  its been an incredible bike but I've realised the riding I'm doing on it is more suited towards a 500 and taking a fully loaded Xchallenge through terrain I normally take my 300 through isn't as fun as it could be  :p I've only done a few weekend trips on it the last 2 years on it and I'm more often than not ending up in terrain more suited to enduro riding so most of the time the bike is being neglected in my garage while I'm out on the enduro bike instead.

The Good:
2007 Model with ABS
43000Kms
Touratech long range tank(sadly leaking slightly now), Spare touratech tank included from original sale but quite badly damaged from previous owner.
Original plastics and luggage rack included
Berserker exhaust(LOUD), original exhaust included in the sale
Excel rims
re-upholstered seat with extra padding so you can last a full day(almost) before your ass goes numb
Almost new Dunlop D606 on rear and Conti TKC 80 on the front with about 50% left
New chain about 1000kms ago
New battery lass than a year ago. Lives on a Ctek charger
Full service history since I bought it. One service at kingtek and one at BMW Cape Town (Before then see "bad" section)
New clutch plates less than 1000kms ago.
Orange handguards so its faster than a stock X ;)
Licensed until November 2019 and in my name
Has given me zero issues in 6 years and 18000Kms other than a loose battery connection which caused it to cut out when Idling until I traced it to the battery and the exhaust rubbing against and melting through the coolant pipe(replaced). Other than that it has been perfect.

The Bad:
Service book has long since been lost so I have no service history prior to when I bought it. Previous owner was "wolfmother" on this forum, not sure if he's still active but if his posts still exist you might find some history about this awesome bike. Seems it was used for pretty much the same kind of  riding as I've done on it. Proper offroad with hardly any tar. It did one of the early Amageza's too before I got it.
It has the usual battlescars from being taken off the usual gravel road highways, remarkable I've only dropped it 3 times(2 at walking pace) but it does have scratches etc from being ridden over and through rocks and fynbos and also some scratches from my soft luggage.
one or 2 stripped bolts.
The clutch recently started slipping and I have replaced the clutch plates and cable. Inspected it for the dreaded Xchallenge Clutch cover issue but all seems fine with no play and the clutch now feels better than ever and no issues since.

I'm looking for R40 000 but obviously for dogs I'm negotiable but please no silly offers. Also I Don't really want to sell ;)  Bike is available in Tokai for viewing, Message, Whatsapp or call and I can tell you more.

Cameron 083 4122995

script>

Attachments

• BMW Xchallenge.jpg
    BMW Xchallenge.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 244
  • BMW Xchallenge (2).jpg
    BMW Xchallenge (2).jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 238
  • BMW Xchallenge (1).jpg
    BMW Xchallenge (1).jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 236