BUYERS MARKET ( TAKING A BATH)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
When it comes to selling stuff it seems to me the buyers are on the winning side and sellers often take a bath . I keep tabs on marketplace as I am looking for a nice pair of textile adventure pants . I have been to a couple of dealers to try on pants , but all seem to have the knees in the wrong place , knee pads always sitting in the wrong place , or the pants are way to baggy for my liking . ( digressing a bit)
Back to my thoughts , And possibly many in the same boat , we buy a new jacket hoping it will tick all the boxes , as the reviews were good , first ride out and we are disappointed and the jacket gets a spot in the gear cupboard , and the older jacket gets used again , The search starts over again , but what to do with the parked kit , cupboard can be overflowing .
So selling becomes an option , and you hope to not take to big a bath , but from scanning market place , taking a bath seems to be the order of the day . Selling at a 40% discount of the new price seems to be rare , most maybe get a 30 % return of the original price .
Win for the buyer , seller not so much .
I have advertised some stuff , sold some , but the nearly new stuff has not received any interest . Cupboard is full , nearly new jacket hangs there un used , maybe never again , helmet in its bag ,
But the quest continues . I will however consent that I have made good purchases , paid fair to me prices for goods in top condition , without pushing the seller into a corner . maybe they had their asking price just right . Maybe , maybe I was at the right place right time for them , Sometimes I think due to low interest seller withdraw their items .