Cape Town - TOY RUN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topbox

Race Dog
Reaction score
What a fantastic turnout, Can Cape Town be any better than this.

Breakfast at the beach (good call Davie) , the hill in the background. A blue sea, windless and hot.

Start with this..........the view from Doodles

2007_11240002.jpg

2007_11240001.jpg

Stunning pic there ;D

I had my son with me... got to Ottery late... but thoroughly enjoyed the ride!
  :-\ Would have liked to meet you Dogs at Maynardville... walked the plek vrek.... saw lotsa DS bikes, ended up meeting with Tinker near the Harley's. He had his XT 500 - man.. wow... reminiscing  8)

Had the helmet with the PAW all over it... hoping it would be recognised... no luck. Methinks WD's should at least have Paws on scoots... didn't see a single one  :-[

Lekker though.... ;D maybe next year...

Driving to go and work I saw lots of bikes even two DRZ SM's ! Mainly superbikes but lots of ds bikes, man I miss my bike  :(

Great stuff! :) Awesome spirit, and what a friendly bunch of people - my non-biking pillion was well impressed by everybody we spoke to.

Good meeting a few more WDs as well! (Am sad I couldn't get round to chatting to more, but I tend to be more of a small-group guy.) Looking forward to learning from, riding with, and getting to know the pack a bit better.

Hope you all got home safely.

Ja nee.... dis hoe naby ek't gekom het...  ;)

NOW - although you might well notice my "pot" with the Paws.... have a closer look at this Topbox!!! Hows that for the "Pooratech" thread! and it's nogal lockable as well... with a Tri-Circle hasp lock  ;D
I'll post more pics with Pooratech thread...  8)

Attachments

• Photo-0024.jpg
    Photo-0024.jpg
    127.1 KB
First Wilddog get together I've been to, thanx guys, was great!  Nice meeting some of the wilddogs, gonna have to do some trips so that I can remember all the names and get to know all the other people I rode with but didn't speak to.  Sorry for not saying goodbye to those at toys, everybody disapeared and had to meet up with the better half.
Looking forward to next meeting,think the newbie ride being planned will make it even better.
Nice to see everbody sticking together, sure we were the biggest group....
Safe riding and till we meet again, hopefully in the dust rocks and sand........

What a welcome to CPT an AWSUM day and meeting some you all from the WD pack!!!Hope to see you all again soon.

i can see why they want less soft toys, it's a mountain

2007_11240022.jpg

2007_11240019.jpg

LeCap and Mrs LeCap
2007_11240017.jpg

2007_11240011.jpg

MountainBoy getting the hang of pillioning under the toughest possible conditions
2007_11240006.jpg

2007_11240005.jpg

Aye Wilddogs!
Was:
1) The most DS bikes I've ever seen together in one spot.
2) The most bikes I've ever seen on a ride.

The breakfast at Doodles was excellent. Thanks for the WD who started the thread. The ride was lekker to the venue. The en-route stop for drinks, the best!  ;D

If anyone knows the WD name of the rider who had the crash with the car 200m from Doodles, please post it. Would like to know if he's okay.

To all the WD's we met, Meerkat,Wortel, Crazy Horse, XT660R,Go Girl. Was great. My wife's suitably impressed.

Till next time!

Not se why we went to Doodles, they don't want us there?

DSC05319800x600.jpg

DSC05323800x600.jpg

DSC05326800x600.jpg

Surfs little Shrek
DSC05328800x600.jpg

Never thought we'll find this wilddog memeber there?
DSC05334800x600.jpg

DSC05335800x600.jpg

DSC05339800x600.jpg

DSC05342800x600.jpg

It's now official, guarillas ride KTM's
DSC05345800x600.jpg

The legend
DSC05346800x600.jpg

A bit of fun
DSC05355800x600.jpg

DSC05358800x600.jpg

DSC05377800x600.jpg

Yellowfever,were you the guy parked in front of Patrick with the yellow gs1200.Patrick is the sv1000 doing burnout.I got there as he was doing that.Noticed a yellow 1200 leaving to the right of Patrick,with paw on topbox.

It was my first toyrun as well what a brilliant event.

That Gorilla suit KTM guy must have been hot as hell in there...

Thanks all - it was an awesome time we had !

Vicky also really enjoyed meeting all the dogs (and dog's partners).

You guys are great!

:(Yellowfever,sadly we did not meet.You were pulling out when I saw you.I was pulling in behind the pole you were standing at.Maybe next time.

NoTar said:
Aye Wilddogs!
Was:
1) The most DS bikes I've ever seen together in one spot.
2) The most bikes I've ever seen on a ride.

The breakfast at Doodles was excellent. Thanks for the WD who started the thread. The ride was lekker to the venue. The en-route stop for drinks, the best!  ;D

If anyone knows the WD name of the rider who had the crash with the car 200m from Doodles, please post it. Would like to know if he's okay.

To all the WD's we met, Meerkat,Wortel, Crazy Horse, XT660R,Go Girl. Was great. My wife's suitably impressed.

Till next time!

Ditto,

Very enjoyable and the WDs are vrek friendly (even though the cruiser riders were skeefed at Doodles)...

No_Tar I still owe you a bungi cord, getting some of those this week  ;) ;) ;)

Eisbein, Piston Pete, XT660R,Go Girl and all the rest whose nicks I can't remeber, hope to ride and kuier with you guys in days to come!!! Long live the dogs...

PS - I am seriously looking for some WD stuff, stickers, buff, paws ect....Who do I buy a beer to get some???

Many thanks to Davie-Sprocket for starting the thread.
Great seeing all the familiar faces again and meeting new ones ie.(Davie-sprocket,No Tar,Lonerider,Go Girl,Booswig ,Jaco and Meerkat ) to mention but a few.

It was very difficult to stay together on the ride with all these chinese bikes zig zagging in the traffic.

Forries was a great idea,Thanks for the beers Kev.k now I owe you 2 Rounds.

By the way ,Keep it quiet,but it was Kev k`s birthday on Sunday.

I hope we get a good turn out on one of our next rides.
Thanks every one for a great day.