Captain Slow riding with the Grahamstown dogs.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeff Cowboy

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
So Edgy invited me over to come ride with the Grahamstown Wilddogs and so I went. Left PE Saturday afternoon and I had some studying to do the morning. Rode to Grahamstown and while standing next to the road Gav from Wilddogs stopped next to me with his bakkie to ask if I was okay, then he recognised me. Haha I was standing on the bridge to test my newly bought GPS.

Arrived at Edgyâ??s house and was greeted with their warm hospitality. We had a nice braai and I met quite a few people but after a few beers I forgot their names. LoL.

View of Grahamstown from the Settlers monument. I donâ??t exactly know why but I love Grahamstown. Maybe its because there are thousands of girls my size at the University. I heard there are not to many Russian chicks which is not good.
Pic.jpg

Beautiful church in town.
Pic1.jpg

Grahamstown has these great old buildings that has been converted into modern shops. It so cool.
Pic2.jpg

Another great looking building.
Pic3.jpg

After a having a great night we woke up really early to start our ride. 5 KLRs and one BMW.
Pic4.jpg

One of many smoke breaks.
Pic5.jpg

I was worried about the water crossing.
Pic6.jpg

Edgy in his natural habitat. hehe
Pic7.jpg

We visited one of the old forts. This was beautiful and really interesting. Maybe one of the locals can tell us more about these forts.
Pic8.jpg

View from the top of the gun tower.
Pic9.jpg

The guys were telling me about this hectic slippery river crossings that we had to do. They said the chances are good that one of us will go down. The bridge is covered in moss. I prayed to the bike gods and they sent rain so I didnâ??t have to cross. I was quite relieved but also sad as this cut our ride short.
Pic10.jpg

Too deep, too slippery and the current is to strong.
Pic11.jpg

Proud Grahamstown Wilddogs.
From left to right: Sorry I cant remember the two guys on the left. Maybe Edgy can help. In the middle is Big Dom, next Edgy and Gav.
Pic12.jpg

Grahamstown mud.
Pic13.jpg

Picnic spot.
Pic14.jpg

One great looking KLR.
Pic15.jpg

The Kawasaki force is strong in the Grahamstown onesâ?¦ LoL
Pic16.jpg

Smoke break.
Pic17.jpg

Pic18.jpg

My kinda roads.
Pic19.jpg

Pic20.jpg

Pic21.jpg

My KLR ate its numberplate.
Pic22.jpg

Heading home. All good thing come to an end.
Pic24.jpg

I want to thank Edgy for the great weekend. I had a blast.

Nice one Captain!!!!!
Don't fix the number plate, save on fines!!

Chuck U Farley said:
Nice one Captain!!!!!
Don't fix the number plate, save on fines!!

I'm going to ride it like that for a while but i would like a custom "Captain Slow" plate. ;D

Damn that's a nice part of the country to ride through. Nice piccies Captain. I was in Grahamstown about ten years back, but doesn't look like too much of the old buildings have been changed.
Nice report, I always enjoy seeing your part of the world, thanks.

Nice one CS.  That pipe you have on your pony, does it give off some noise and where dit you have it fitted? I have a sorta free flow on mine but find it too quiet for my liking.  Swaerrie has a Acropov on his Katoem640 an when he gives it horns, man it makes the most beautiful music, quite loud.

dustsucker said:
Nice one CS.  That pipe you have on your pony, does it give off some noise and where dit you have it fitted? I have a sorta free flow on mine but find it too quiet for my liking.  Swaerrie has a Acropov on his Katoem640 an when he gives it horns, man it makes the most beautiful music, quite loud.

It is a bit noisy.

Bought it from www.pentaperformance.co.za

Fitted it myself.

Nice report Captain  :thumleft:

Looks like a beautiful area to ride in. If you have more pics of the old buildings, post away!
Awesome weather you had too.

Thanks for sharing  ;D

Cocked sizing up-try again ;D

Attachments

• DSCN0699 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0699 (Medium).JPG
    225.9 KB
  • DSCN0701 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0701 (Medium).JPG
    76.8 KB
  • DSCN0703 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0703 (Medium).JPG
    202.3 KB
Nice one Cappy and Edgy!!!!
I think I'm gonna have to "make a plan" and get myself off down to you guys sometime!!

Nice!
Awesome ride!

Is this the same spot ?

If it is this might look familiar...

D_F_Dubbeldrift.jpg

Sorry for posting this, its not meant as a hijack or taking the focus off - I just always find it interesting to read ride reports again after I've been to the same place...

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=6961.msg94225#msg94225

Oh - Captain - next time you're in Grahams town, go visit the observatory museum - as an engineer you'll like it.

They've got a working camera obscura there - very interesting.

And go and post the church photos in the 'church photos' thread under photos as well.

They will fit quite nicely.

W