Clarens Tour 3 - 5 November 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
I have space for 8 adventure bikes who want to experience something completely different. I am a retired teacher and have taken many school groups through the eastern Free State focusing on geography, history and science tours. In collaboration with Mike Fogg (previous SA motorcycle champion), we will use the historical and very comfortable Union House as the base to explore the region. There is so much to discover on this intellectual adventure.

Here is a description of this hidden gem: A beautiful 1640ha farm that borders onto Lesotho, overlooking the Maluti mountains, with the Caledon river running through the farm for 7km. Two historical sandstone houses with Victorian style furniture, fire places, bird hides, walking trails, 4x4 routes, mountain bike trails and charming farm style living where you can connect with yourself, nature and God.

A review from a previous visitor: BEYOND EXPECTATIONS
The Guest House and the farm are absolutely perfect!!! The building alone is incredibly inviting and it took no time at all to feel like it was our own. But more than the building is the history of the site, the location of the farm just below beautiful bluffs, and I can't say enough about the hosts. :)

From this comfortable base, we will motor to Clarens and from there take in and explore the various areas. Included will be a dinosaur fossil expedition, cheese sampling, Ash River outfall and resultant hydro-power stations, Golden Gate tour, and Destiny Castle.

Cost is R3600 per person for the weekend which covers two nights accommodation, early morning coffee and rusks, two brunches and two suppers, permits and tour guide fees.

Contact Charl Wessels on 0836360219 or [email protected] to book your place for the weekend of 3 - 5 November 2023.

BRANDWAG PIC.jpgtop of the castle group pic.jpg20160316-122655-largejpg.jpgunion-house-guest-farm (2).jpgunion-house-guest-farm (1).jpgPicsArt_08-11-06.22.06.jpg

Contact Charl Wessels on 0836360219 or [email protected] to book your place.