Country Roads to Country Trax_May 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Good afternoon respected members of this great forum.

All the best for the year ahead, let all your endeavours be victorious, may you enjoy good health and prosperous wealth in 2023.

As a new year's resolution I have decided to follow through on some of the items on my bucket list which I have conveniently put aside over the years. One such bucket list item is to do more technical single spoor tracks, which will require me to sharpen my adventure riding skills or the lack thereof. I am planning to attend some Country Trax training courses in South Africa, with the first course being an Introduction course in Kempton Park and after that move on to the Intermediate course in Amersfoort. The planned trip is between end of April to mid May and I am really looking forward to it.

I have started with the route planning and derived at two possible options. The first option is based on a few friends coming up to Namibia by bikes (BMW) for a few days, who have asked me to take them down the C14 to visit Sossusvlei, Fish River Canyon and then back to Noordoewer. The second option is in the event that they do not make it to Namibia this time (subject to leave). Both these options has plenty gravel roads included on the Nam side (sorted), however on the SA side (hoping to improve) I can apart from the road between Van Zylsrus to Askham, only find a few break away gravel routes between towns, nothing which runs almost parallel with my direction of travel.

Below, I have added the two options and would like to ask for your comments/advice/suggestions to get the most out of the trip. If you have travelled any of these routes or have better routes to follow or know of good camping spots or attractions along the route please share with me 👍

Option 1

COUNTRY TRAX TRIP_OPTION 1.png

Option 2

COUNTRY TRAX TRIP_OPTION 2.png

Last edited: