DECISIONS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Fellow dogs , I would like to know what makes you decide to go on a trip / ride , possibly with people you have never met! Or is this the one reason you wont go? Fact that you dont know if the guys you are joining can turn out to be a wild bunch and can turn out as a embarrassment ?
I have done most of my touring alone with just my partner as compony , On some weekend trips , a friend did join , 2 couples . Great times , At the moment my partner is away for a couple months visiting her children in the Cape , And the friend riding couple was her friend , so not easy to ask them to join , complicated .
This has me looking at events , but to me most cater for lots of offroad riding , and the need of a plastic , I am OCD when it comes to my toys , wash then as often as i can while on tour , so dirt roads , and off road is not my cup of tea . But I enjoy long rides . I have posted ideas as to a possible ride , can go alone but sitting at a pub or restaurant alone have a cold one is just not on . And the invite of a possible ride over a weekend has no interests. So how do you decide if you will join a ride that has a open invitation? do you wait to see if someone that you know is going in order to have a companion?
I sit with this decision all the time , there is a open invite from a Big dealer , but because i dont know anybody I sort of wonder if attending is worth the effort . I have pulled the trigger to join them this weekend to watch the MOTOGP .
But a weekend away , that I am not so sure , and possibly answering my own question, as to why there are little response to suggested ride ideas . But in the same breath if we all think that way what chance is there to meat new people that can become friends. m
A couple of years ago , also on a lone trip down to the sea , I mis stepped of my bike , fell and tore a ham string , down , could not get up , At the restaurant was a group of bikers from a local chapter , me flat on my back they came running to assist me , helped me up , picked up the bike, got me a drink , ice for the pain , man the did what bikers do . and I became friends with them . one was more that a friend , became like a brother , spent many great weekend with him, Sadly he was killed in a bike accident as couple month ago . (RIP )
If he was still alive i would have gone to visit my brother every time the open road called . Now need to make new friends......

Last edited by a moderator: