Dilemma on my 2014 690 R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbobmartin

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hi Guys,

Have not been on here in ages but have been riding!

I have a dilemma. It is time for me to get a 790 so that means the trusty 690 has to go. My dilemma is sell it in current adventurised form or put it all back to stock and sell the stock bike and the bits separately. I put a lot of thought and work (and money) into this build with the idea of being a minimalist lightweight bike but with reasonable wind protection and (very) good fuel range. It has worked well and served me well with no troubles since 2015 or so.

The bike:

2014 690R (ride by wire + ABS)

Adventure bits:

HDB Rallye lite fairing with their hand guards and Baja designs lights, and Scotts mounted to it.
Safari tank (clear)
Advspec bash plate (very solid)
Rally pegs
Wings pipe
ABS dongle (front ABS only for offroad - works great)
Side stand switch override dongle
Foam Unifilter
Guglatech filters front and back tanks
Golan mini filter in front of injector
CJ designs billet fuel filler
JBI base valves in fork (much better) + both front and rear suspension revalved and resprung by MP to work with tank and faring and be plush but firm.
Rocker arms pre-emptively replaced with the new better ones.
Just under 26k km.

Bike has been ridden but always had oil changed and valve clearance checked at least once a year + anything that needed replacing replaced.

Apologies for slightly selfish post but I was hoping for some views from the inmates.

Thanks in advance.

Tim