Dion Korkie's seat instead of Seat Concepts's one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuRP

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
I'm on record here to like & have Seat Concept seats for a number of my bikes.
Yes, I sit a lot, I'll only get up the pegs when the going is getting tricky-enough to warrant me to lift my arse...
And I still like these, however the one for my 300TPI, which is also a prefect for on my new 500EXCW, I do not like at all!
At the end of a full day riding on that 'a bit taller and also thicker' SC-seat my behind has had enough, it painfully complains.... and the next/further day/s only become more agonizing - which yeah, came as a surprise for me, because the others prove really good!

Anyway, during my last two-day 500-ride (during which again my buttocks were painfully treated) JonW mentioned that the original 6-Days seat wasn't bad - which rang true because on my '14-500 I've done dual 2 weeks-riding-on-end trips with Hardy in Kaokoland without these problems.

At home I looked at both my new-still 6-Day seats, and decided to give Dion Korkie a try to make me a more-comfy seat.
I've met the man quite a few years ago because I dropped off a seat for Jaco Smith, @Grondpaaie hierso, and heard later he'd done an absolute sterling job, plus his name is often mentioned here in combination with good reports .... so let me do a "me too"!

WhatsApp-ed him (he prefer such, his paws often in greasepots as he says himself) and Yip, bring it! was his reply.
Now I also live in Pretoria so dropping the seat off at his place was a minor.
Explained what I wanted (less sore behind plies baas!) and left it at that, I even did mention that I was in zero hurry as I got no 500-rides planned in the neat future.
The next afternoon I got a WA plus pics that the seat was ready........ hey bru, you didn't hear me saying I was in no hurry???? 😋

Picked it up of course, and it looks great: bit wider and also, quite a bit thicker there where it matters, at the rear where I tend to plant my butt (y)
It feels good as I 'tried it on', and the next tricky ride, hopefully multiple days, will prove if I'm a slapgat or that Dion's seat is indeed an improvement ..... that's a hint @JonW and perhaps @OomD , so read that again please? :p

Some pics from the std seats and Dion's below.
Excellent quality to my untrained eyes however I tend to look through my arse here, sorry... ;)
Oh, price really very reasonable too, waayyy less than a SC one 👌

Attachments

• IMG_8518.jpg
    IMG_8518.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8543.jpg
    IMG_8543.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8539.jpg
    IMG_8539.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 9b8fc8b9-16a4-4dea-8bce-d7b9735d16a4.JPG