Seank's DIY Motorcycle Part thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seank

Pack Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Little while I decided I needed needed some Cylinder head protectors for my R1150GS, as tracking down a plastic one seems more a pain then not. When I have time I like drawing things in AutoCAD and Fusion 360 so one thing lead to another and I produced this. While sitting on the R1150/ R1100GS WhataApp group, I end up producing 35 sets of these.

RenderingPP.JPG
3D Rendering

706449-20221207-114653.jpg
Actual final product

I was asked for a few more parts as there were some more things I wanted for my bike, but what made me share is this one. I am making a Steering Stop for the machine, and needed to make a Jig for Drilling.

Capturerender.JPG
Steering Stop Rendering

Capturerender1.JPG
Actual Drilling Jig with a piece of Delrin for test fit

My current drawing if coming along nicely, Lockable Bracket for a Garmin Zumo XT, I want to draw it in such a way the it fits from 4 to 5 inch devices. The basics of it, is the locking design of the TT bracket, this will help work out the locking mechanics but that is where it will stop.... long way to go and fun to do.

Capturerender.JPG
You have to love what you can do with modern technology and a few minutes daily.