DR650's handlebars/fork skew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiledog_X

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Hi guys. My DR's fork/handlebars are skew/unaligned, as seen from above when I sit on the bike. I've attempted to fix the problem by loosening the fork clamps and twisting the forks/wheel, according to instruction videos on Youtube. No luck. Can't get the fork aligned.
Do I need to loosen the big nut at the top that attaches the whole front to the bike? I got the bike back like this from a workshop, only realised later when I rode, it's out of kilter. It's really noticeable when I ride.

There is also something loose on the front of the bike somewhere - it sounds exactly like a loose washer tinkling, so loud I even hear it when I ride. I've basically checked everything I can, including removing the LR tank, seat, removed bash plate, covers etc. I checked all over the bike but I can't find any loose nuts or bolts or parts.

Any recommendations for a good workshop/bike mechanic in Pretoria east that can fix this problem for me?

Attachments

• dr_forks_1a.jpg
    dr_forks_1a.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 0
  • dr_forks_2a.jpg
    dr_forks_2a.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 0