Ducati Diavel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OomD

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I made the mistake a few days ago of going to check out the new Ducati dealer in Centurion. Had a browse around, until I got to the Diavel.

:drif:

O my liewe aarde, daai ding praat kliphard met my! :eek7:

The XDiavel costs quite a bit more, I see, but the straight-up Diavel still does it for me. My liewe etter daai ding is mooi. So the salesman tells me the Diavel-S (or something like that, the one with launch control) is the fastest bike 0-100Km/h? I brushed it off as salesman talk, but on the way home mini-me googled it and wraggies waar, at 2,5s it even beats the BMW S1000RR, Kawa H2, Ducati's own Panigale. It's not the fastest though, the Suzuki GSX-R1000 and Hayabusa still beats it. But only by about 15 milliseconds!

Now I want one even more!

I used to ride a V-Max some years ago, that thing could easily tear your arms out of their sockets, especially when the carb-sync came into play at around 3000RPM (if I recall). The new V-Max also checks in at 2.5s, but Yamaha seems to have stopped them. In SA, at least.

Anyway, I'll keep buying lotto tickets...

Attachments

• ducati-diavel-1260-sandstone-grey.png
    ducati-diavel-1260-sandstone-grey.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 90