Ear plugs..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrap

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Well after 30+ years of blasting around without earplugs progressive hearing loss prompted me to look for some earplugs that really work. I have tried every over the counter earplug I have been able to find.
I must have strange ear canals because either the earplugs fall out, dont seal or make my ears ache.

One day I drove past the Ear Institute in Bellville and decided to stop.
Long story short I have ended up with a set of custom moulded silicone earplugs that are adjustable so you still hear everything thats important but not the damaging frequencies. The tips are colour coded for left and right ear. You go for a "fitting" and the moulds are then sent to Pretoria where they reproduce them in silicone.
Delivered in a small zippered carry bag with cleaning stuff etc.

I went one step further and had them mould a set of Etymotic earphones in to the plugs.(phones can be removed) Today at 120km/h with my visor open I was listening to music at the same volume setting that I used while sitting stationary in the garage.

PM if you need contact details. I dont have any affiliation to the suppliers but am very happy with the final product. Of course YMMV. Cost of the earplugs.....a measly R430.00.

Cheers

Gavin