Eendekuil Offroad RR in GoPro pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Here's a few pics from the Eendekuil Offroad event held yesterday. As mentioned in the Planning a ride thread, is has to go down as one of the best offroad events I've ever ridden, well done to the organisers for a brilliantly laid out route  :thumleft:
It had it all, sand, mud, rivers, rocks, open sections to stretch the bikes legs (and yours) and dust, plenty dust.
I certainly hope this becomes an annual event  :mwink:

Attachments

• GOPR1498.JPG
    GOPR1498.JPG
    177.3 KB
  • GOPR1522.JPG
    GOPR1522.JPG
    127.8 KB
  • GOPR1526.JPG
    GOPR1526.JPG
    137.5 KB
  • GOPR1527.JPG
    GOPR1527.JPG
    172.4 KB
  • GOPR1548.JPG
    GOPR1548.JPG
    133.4 KB
  • GOPR1555.JPG
    GOPR1555.JPG
    171.4 KB
  • GOPR1560.JPG
    GOPR1560.JPG
    171.9 KB
  • GOPR1563.JPG
    GOPR1563.JPG
    161.3 KB
  • GOPR1565.JPG
    GOPR1565.JPG
    119.4 KB
  • GOPR1497.JPG
    GOPR1497.JPG
    128 KB
Pic 1. Approaching this water crossing too enthusiastically had me pushing the bike out (pic 2) after the plug got wet and the bike stalled. It took a 10min rest break before she lept into life again and we were back in action.

The last pic (with the KTM on its side in the left corner): The laaitie took his eye off the road and connected a log, which resulted in him sommersaulting over the bars and the guy behind him wiping out as well. Fortunately they walked away unharmed  :eek:

Attachments

• GOPR1584.JPG
    GOPR1584.JPG
    166.6 KB
  • GOPR1733.JPG
    GOPR1733.JPG
    181.9 KB
  • GOPR1731.JPG
    GOPR1731.JPG
    205.7 KB
  • GOPR1657.JPG
    GOPR1657.JPG
    175.2 KB
  • GOPR1648.JPG
    GOPR1648.JPG
    173.9 KB
  • GOPR1647.JPG
    GOPR1647.JPG
    176.4 KB
  • GOPR1643.JPG
    GOPR1643.JPG
    142.6 KB
  • GOPR1635.JPG
    GOPR1635.JPG
    165.5 KB
  • GOPR1610.JPG
    GOPR1610.JPG
    143.6 KB
  • GOPR1585.JPG
    GOPR1585.JPG
    141.6 KB
I'm still too unfit to man handle that beast for 90km's  :-[ She'll come out and play once I know she'll behave herself and not hurt me  ;)
A girl like that needs to be handled with respect  :mwink:

2StrokeDan said:
Like the photos, but why is there a green fender in each? :peepwall:

added extra you get if you want to ride a yamaha undercover :mwink:

Die outjie op die kx65 met die geel helmit sê hy het manne in die sand verbygegaan. Skande!

Attachments

• Pieter eendekuil funride.doc
    62 KB
Hoe het julle van daai kliprantjie voor die halfway gehou?

Die klip voor die petrol stop het my laat skrik en daar on die spilpunt dit smaak my dit hou nooit op nie.

Looks like a lekker ride. ATTGAT noticeably absent on a few.

CalMax said:
Die outjie op die kx65 met die geel helmit sê hy het manne in die sand verbygegaan. Skande!

That little laaitie on that KX65 is an absolute LEGEND!!! I kept on leap frogging him while waiting for mates and I was fascinated with his skill level. If he carries on riding bike he's going to kick ass in a few years time. He attacked all the river and mud crossings with gusto and you're right, he passed plenty guys in the sand on those small wheels  :thumleft:

@ Neil... Yep, ATGATT was not a priority at this event, you just needed a helmet to ride. Most of the okes on quads without ATGATT are the boer seuns from the farming community. They spend most of their lives on those quads and I guess they can't kit up every day to check on the "folk" so they ride in "kort broek" & overall top  :)

wow!

Die roete het beslis baie opervlaktes gedek.

Hoe steil was daardie grond opdraend?

Ek sou baie graag eendag daar wou gaan rondspeel op my eie tyd

:thumleft:

Very nice Buff , looks like some great riding was had  :thumleft: , thanks for posting , will be lekker to take part  next year . :thumleft: :thumleft:

Dusty Rusty said:
wow!

Die roete het beslis baie opervlaktes gedek.

Hoe steil was daardie grond opdraend?

Ek sou baie graag eendag daar wou gaan rondspeel op my eie tyd

:thumleft:

So by the way Nadia, daar was 'n ou wat die hele roete gedoen het op sy Honda XR125 met full road kit  :thumleft:

CalMax said:
...hy het MY in die sand verbygegaan wat praat jy...die ou vrou was verstom oor die kind se vernuf! Wat dink jy hoe gaan hy wees op 16??

What an excellent ride! and such a perfect day for it, my (very muddy!) bike and i had heaps of fun. ja that little uphill before the half way was very entertaining!! so well organized as well, there must have been hundreds of those orange markers, thanks to all the organizers  :thumleft:

Great event and the route well marked.  Even saw a Dakar 650 or two do the ride!  Thoroughly enjoyable terrain.  I advocate a separate start for bikes and quads for safety reasons.