Electric Honda CT110

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blauth

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
It's been a hell of a long time since I built a custom and this idea is still a twinkle in it's creators eye, so don't hold your breath. I must first finish building my house anyway so it may be a while before I get started.

I have this Honda CT110. The chassis is in good shape but there are lots of parts missing. I've been trying to find second hand parts for it but the few leads that I got didn't pan out. So, I'm going in a completely different route....I want to go electric.

The idea is as follows:
- I was planning on using two army ammo boxes (or similar) on either side, located somewhere between the rear axle and the swingarm bolt for the batteries.
- I want to retain the chain drive (no hub motor like the e-cubs) so motor must be where the engine is currently. This has two advantages, I can make adjustments with sprockets and weight distribution is more balanced given the batteries are quite far back.
- I want to keep the simplistic tube chassis for esthetic purposes.
- Ideally, I want to convert the front drum to a disk brake.
- It would be nice to have a 5kw nominal power motor.

Now, I know what a pain in the ass it is to import stuff from overseas so are there local suppliers of batteries, controllers, motors etc.

I'm no electrician so a technical ear would be appreciated.

What do you fella's think of this idea?

Attachments

• 20201112_082933.jpg
    20201112_082933.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201112_083051.jpg
    20201112_083051.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: