eMaps to share.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deon

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
A third of my trips is planning it over a map.  Then a third is riding it, and the last third is organizing and partying over the photos afterwards.

I use GPS, Track4Africa and whatever I can find.  But my best source of information is real maps.  Mostly printed one.  The printed ones I scan so I can enlarge them on my pc.  Very helpful are the maps provided by local information bureaus.  These maps are mostly royalty free.  Topographic maps are also very good.  And a lot of people have printed copies.  The surveyor general does not mind you scanning and sharing them.  There are also weird places that have a lot of info.  Like some USA army sites.  And British sites.  Especially when it comes to old maps.

I prefer to use my phone to view these maps while I am in the veld.  The zoom makes it easy for me to see all the detail.  I have a complete set of Slingsby maps, which is great.  But I am not allowed to share that.  Pity.

I think we should have a thread where we can share our "legal" maps.  I do have a few.  There is a lot I want.  The 500k size limit could be a serious problem.

Attachments

• Bot_Klein.jpg
    Bot_Klein.jpg
    432.6 KB