Farm Stay for Adventure Bikers near Clarens..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Hi Guys.........I've also posted this on 4x4 Community, your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Since posting, all blesbokke have been removed, so there is no more hunting options there.

Would this be a nice, viable option for my Pal, to sort of push this for (us) biking Guys, or would you rather be staying in town??

Mods - not trying to advertise the Place here (yet), just need some inputs, if OK??

I've copied and pasted the Post just like this, in BLUE:

VERY close Friends of ours have this stunning place near Clarens, actually about 15km from there, between Clarens and Bethlehem.

Look here...............https://www.roodepoortfarm.co.za/

We're gonna spend the weekend there with them, probably only from tomorrow afternoon.

Anton, my Tjom is not really into 4x4íng or hunting or camping, that sort of things, but I have told him many many times, sitting around a braai fire with a bottle of John Deere, that he should maybe also explore those avenues, I really think there may be a HUGE market to expand in.

Anton has this lekker rocky 4x4 track behind the house, and quite a number of little trails on the farm, the gravel road from Bethlehem to his place is also really scenic, right alongside the Clarens tar road.

There is electricity, and plenty water - they are the owners of Life Water, with bottling being done on Roodepoort.

Again, I have no commercial interest here, but I just always thought that this would be a GREAT place for :

1) Camping maybe?? I'm talking maybe 10 or so spacious stands, maybe private ablutions, sort of an upmarket yet "rustic" in a way, think in the lines of Lesoba or Uithoek camp sites......sand stone, oregon, brass piping, squeaky clean (which it will be), nice lawn with rolling sandstone hills sort of campsite?
I think this would really boost occupation, especially in Summer?? (see 3 below.......the hunting option may again boost occupancy in winter??)
2) Even maybe off grid camping?? PLENTY spots there for that. But I'm thinking the complete opposite of (1) above, completely self sufficient, no ablution/water/power.
3) And, lastly, hunting ?? But Family Orientated ONLY. Come stay in one of the (very upmarket) chalets, or camping, and combine hunting with these accommodation options??
I'm talking a Dad and Son or Daughter outing, Hubby and Wife, etc etc.....not 10 Men coming down and having a ball (we all love that, but not in this case)......??
There are basically only blesbok on the farm, that's why I'm thinking a "Family Only" sort of hunting option - its an affordable and "easy" buck to shoot.
This hunting "option" could also boost occupation in the Winter Months I think.

In General - you Guys think this could be a viable Opportunity?? Very obviously the First Step is finding out if there is indeed a Target Market for this, and then what the Potential Market is.

I just think that this is a VERY nice spot, and there really are NO other similar places in the area - maybe Golden Gate for camping, but that's really an altogether different "Market" I think.

Thanks - have a look at the site, ALL opinions greatly appreciated!!