FINDING SILENCE AND FREEDOM IN THE GREAT KAROO !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buks

Race Dog
Reaction score
We were planning our "once a month trip" for February. Unfortunately we couldn't get the old gang together!!
With the tragic and utterly sad news of GlenInk ruling my thoughts since Thursday  :'( :'(, I really had the urge to just get away !!!
So myself and my loyal friend "Baked Beans" decided to leave George, Friday afternoon at almost 16:30. We left in soaking rain, which lasted to the Swartbergpass! We stopped in Paardepoort to "cheers" our fallen friend at exactely 5pm, with I think hundreds of other WD's doing the same all over the country!  :thumleft:  :(
We "jetskiid" through OudeMuragie, road over a chilly Swartbergpass and ended in the Prins Albert Hotel's Bar - soaked and freezing cold - but happy!!
The barman "Gerhard" was ready with drinks, an shared his exitement with us of buying himself a new XR650L !!! Really glad for him, I really think the olke deserves it !!! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
As per usual we slept over at Bushman Valley in the Bushman Hut!! 8)

Attachments

• PaardepoortCheersGlenInk.jpg
    PaardepoortCheersGlenInk.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 659
  • OudeMuragieSoaked.jpg
    OudeMuragieSoaked.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 647
  • SwartbergFreezingTop.jpg
    SwartbergFreezingTop.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 647
  • Teeberg.jpg
    Teeberg.jpg