Fined for having Amber headlight cover .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
Hi Dawgs... Yesterday on the way home, I was stopped by a Metro cop in Edenvale and fined for "Using M/V without proper head lamps."  When I enquired as to what his gripe was, he told me that the colour (Amber) was illegal.  :eek: I then asked him if he knew the national road traffic regulations, 1999, Chapter VI, part1 , which states categorically that amber lights are not illegal . The fine fellow then proceeds to get agressive and intimidatory, whereupon I told him that I would contest the matter in court.
The fine is R200,oo for not having proper headlamps... which is not true.... the headlamp is standard on the bike, but with a removable amber lens cover, designed to make the bike more visible during daylight hours.

Question:  what do you guys recon I write to the public prosecutor, appealing this fine?? :deal: :dousing: This issue has been discussed before, but I wonder if there have been any recent developments regarding the use of amber headlight covers, before I make a d##s of myself in court ???