Fish river

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgy

Bachelor Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
Myself and a few other" Grahamstown greyhounds" hit Double drift game reserve last weekend.Captain Slow has kindly agreed to help me post pic`s.Really awesome spot to ride DS bikes.Grunt the water crossing will bring back memories--it is still really slippery!

The pics  ;D

Attachments

• DSCN0685 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0685 (Medium).JPG
    109.1 KB
  • DSCN0686 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0686 (Medium).JPG
    116.1 KB
  • DSCN0687 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0687 (Medium).JPG
    111.9 KB
  • DSCN0688 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0688 (Medium).JPG
    93.6 KB
  • DSCN0692 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0692 (Medium).JPG
    87.3 KB
More

Attachments

• DSCN0693 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0693 (Medium).JPG
    68.6 KB
  • DSCN0694 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0694 (Medium).JPG
    90.9 KB
  • DSCN0696 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0696 (Medium).JPG
    87.8 KB
  • DSCN0689 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0689 (Medium).JPG
    99.6 KB
malgat said:
fish river???? fishriver??? w3hy did i think its in namibia,,,,anyway lekka pics,,,how about a report???

The great FishRiver - eastern Cape...

Very nice ride...

Sorry,not much to report.There are now about 5 of us dogs in Grahamstown.The Andries vosloo,Sam knott and Double drift reserves make up one big game park.Fortunatley they don`t seem opposed to DS bikes cruising through.We are very fortunate this venue is only about 40 km`s from home.

Boloe,mine looked identical to your avataar until a few months ago-then checked out Advrider and got hooked on what is known as "farkeling" in the states ;D

BMWPE said:
Lekker
nice looking BM

Yeah that would be mine - the original G-Spot, as on its number plate going back 5 or more years! Won me last years BMW Annual Gathering Concours she did, but also does the dirty damn well and loves it.

edgy said:
Boloe,mine looked identical to your avataar until a few months ago-then checked out Advrider and got hooked on what is known as "farkeling" in the states ;D

Edgy.... besides the IMS tank, exhaust, front fender, number plate relocation and bash plate, what other "faarkles" have you done.
So far i've only done the Doo and moved the number plate. Planning the fairing mounted dash for adding a 12V socket & watch in the near future.

Boeloe,i have also done the doo,barkbusters,handlebar raisers,i installed a 12v power socket at the dash for a GPS,and another on the little side cover that houses the switch for your sidestand switch-that one goes directly to the battery with an inline fuse.The one at the dash gets power from the 2 spare wires already there.I have installed the stainless steel bolt kit and mx footpegs from Lecap as well.I have not yet fitted a bash plate(trying to find 1) I have also done the "L" mod on the airbox,but as yet no jetting etc on the carb-oh yes and Pro-Taper bars

Edgy, seems like you've been busy. I planning to use the 2 spare wires to power a digital clock. Still haven't found a nice car clock from our local scrap yards. The rest will come with time, or as needed.