From Rocks to Dust.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
After a few weeks of lurking, I thought it was about time to introduce myself.

Around 2009/2010, my dad bought me a YZ250 and my journey into biking started. I slowly found my groove in hard enduro and by 2011 we participated in many races /events in and around Gauteng. From EWXC/Lowveld enduros to farm races and GXCC stuff.

3 years ago I decided to expand my skill set and get a road bike as well. I hopped on an S1000R and the bug bit hard! 2 months into ownership and a friend 'forced' me to join a Zwartkops brunch cruise. It was game over from the moment I set foot on that track. A few months later I bought a Panigale 1299. I kept the 1299 for a year and added almost 11000 km. Apparently that was a lot for a superbike... I joined every group ride, breakfast run and track day I could.

As I got faster and more comfortable, the danger level increased exponentially. So I sold the Panigale in January of this year and ended up buying my dad's used 1200 Multistrada Enduro from him. I was trying to find my feet in the 'adventure' riding scene by going on random dirt roads here and there, but the bug never bit me. I was so used to the extreme stuff on my KTM 300, and I was searching for the same type of thrill. A road tour or two later and I sold the S1000R and traded the 1200 multi for a new Multistrada v4. Enough power to get anyone into proper trouble, offroad capability and the comfort to do long distance touring.

A month or so ago I found out I have a rare brain injury. Impact on my head in the right conditions could cause me to loose my speech and understanding of speech. No more racing, no more hardcore bike shenanigans, no more pushing the limit on the track... I'm still coming to terms with it, but it pushed me into adventure riding.

Yesterday we returned from a 2 day trip to Graskop/Sabie. I am 100% converted and can't wait for the next trip! Now to get some spokies and crash protection...

HAR6Cjs.jpg

GiAnjDd.jpg

Last edited: