Fuel Price

windswept

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Looks like the fuel price in Bots is getting closer to SA prices compared to previously.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Looks like the fuel price in Bots is getting closer to SA prices compared to previously.
Isn't the difference about the same as always, if you covert Pula to Zar or ZAR to Pula?

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
You guys can't complain, here in Germany we pay around 2.05 Euro.....times that by the Euro/ZAR rate....

Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Agree, would like to hear them complain paying 21.50 euro for a lite of petrol . There would be no fuel thread if we were paying R2.00 A litre .

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
l
We earn Rands not Euros.What is the average salary,cost of living etc in Germany??
Salaries depend on job type obviously, but living costs here I think are more affordable. Food is cheaper, as long as you don't eat lots of red meat, rent depends on where, square meterage, but in general we get by with smaller accommodation, and very small gardens if you have a house, or bottom floor of a block of flats that has a garden. Public transport works, it's very flat where I live, so using a bicycle is very common, although I don't. As an example, if you earn R50k in SA, that would be around 2700 Euro before taxes, about 2000 Euro after deductions, you'd do ok on that. The big difference here is everything works, I've not seen a faulty traffic light since I arrived just under a year ago, I've not seen a pothole, I've done over 18000km since I arrived, I've not been stopped by a cop, not had loadshedding or water shortages. We pay big time for fuel, especially after Putin started his crap, my car costs around R1900 to fill, 45 litres of diesel. One cannot look at exchange rates on everything, you'd buy nothing. Smokes are crazy expensive here, I don't smoke luckily, lots of people make their own smokes. So, cost of living, it might balance out overall, depends how you live.