Fun in the Bronberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plothond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
Yes, we did ride to Dullstroom yesterday
Yes, we had a fantastic time
and yes I got home about 18:00 COVERED in pigshit (yes you read right) and smelling like a drain (ask Funacide)  >:D

..... but that is another story

My phone rings at 06:15 this morning. Damn these people, just NO respect for a sleeping man, a man at rest, a man whose skin is scrubbed red and is still smelling like PIGSHIT !!!!!

It's Slick, "Hey Plothond, you lis for a ride???"
Hey, I love my bike, I love riding, but DAMN YOU Slick.
So I drag my sorry butt out of bed and put on my PIGSHIT smelling pants, and my PIGSHIT smelling boots (I pressure washed them with great care the night before and got on my PIGSHIT smelling bike (that was pressure washed TWICE the night before)

...... and joined them

As a point of reference: The Bronberg is the area, and specifically the ridge that stretches from Faerie Glen Proper in the west to the Bapsfontein/Bronhorstspruit road in the west and is bordered by Atterbury road in the South and the N4 highway in the North

Firstly we woke up everyone on the plots in Zwavelpoort (it was 06:45) with a tour through the backroads
Then we climbed up onto the ridge and rode along it for a while

bron01.jpg

There were 3 of us: Slick, his mate Etienne and myself
This is definately plastic bike country

bron02.jpg

With options exhausted we entered the area of Witpoort (Often seen in my other ride reports)
Such a beautiful area

bron05.jpg

and ohhhh, such beautiful boneys - You just can't help staring

bron04.jpg

and some not so beautiful (ok ok Slick - good looking then) people
Etienne on the left and Slick on the right

bron03.jpg

We are about to leave, but wait what is this in the distance .... aaahhhh ..... ;D
Look what the cat dragged in

bron06.jpg

HHHusky out for an early morning ride

HHHusky showing how it is done

bron07.jpg

Etienne & HHHusky

bron08.jpg

Slick the rock rabbit

bron09.jpg

Right, thats it, we are done with Witpoort
How about Donkerhoek
We Blasted down some trainline sections and some great dirt and ended up at the Riverside mixer. No time for drinking.... ;D ... another destination awaits

This time it was the council quarry between Silver Lakes and Equestria .. - in search of the mud monster.
Alas, the mud monster was slumbering, with just a bit of sticky goo left, but not enough for all the bikes

bron10.jpg

Slick calls these rides "Development Rides". I call them "Bike induced Hooliganism"  >:D

Thats it folks - home by 10:30

Till we ride again  ;D ;D ;D

Some more pics of the ride this morning
Good to meet you HHHusky, that bike of yoursâ?? legs are not too short

DSC04553.jpg

DSC04555.jpg

DSC04552.jpg

DSC04551.jpg

DSC04550.jpg

DSC04549.jpg

DSC04558.jpg

DSC04556.jpg

DSC04559.jpg

Some stunning rocky tracks you have there. You just to love riding areas like that. Thanks for sharing.

So how the new pipes?

and yes I got home about 18:00 COVERED in pigshit (yes you read right) and smelling like a drain (ask Funacide) 

C'mon Plothond, you just HAVE to tell us - and LOTS of pics >:D

letsgofishing said:
and yes I got home about 18:00 COVERED in pigshit (yes you read right) and smelling like a drain (ask Funacide) 

C'mon Plothond, you just HAVE to tell us - and LOTS of pics >:D

Pic's I do not have, but I will update the story later on the Dullstroom ride

Nice hooking up with you guys. Methinks my Husky has one piston too few, as I had to stretch the throttle cable big-time to keep up with those KTM's. Maybe its time for an upgrade?