Garmin Oregon 650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDR

Grey Hound
Administrator
Reaction score
So I've left my Oregon 300 somewhere in the Fish River Canyon, between the Causeway and Ai-Ais :(

Fortunately, insurance is buying me a new one ;D

I seem to have specified a pretty high value for it, so I can choose between any of the following :
Montana 600
Oregon 600
Zumo 390

My application is mostly for use on the bike / in the car, with a lot of offroading, but also for hiking. Track handling is an absolute must, as is the ability to use multiple mapsets (I use a combination of Topo & Rec, Street maps, T4A and some custom maps that I've built).

I really liked my Oregon 300, and I assume the 600 would be more of the same, just better (like dual orientation). I'm leaning towards this as I have all the accessories like mounts and the like, just not sure whether it would fit.

The Montana seems like a good option, since it has a everything the Oregon has and more, only significantly larger, and I'd have to buy all the accessories again.

I like the Bluetooth on the Zumo, just not sure whether it can do everything I want in a GPS, and it obviously isn't built for use as a handheld.

I liked the touchscreen on the Oregon, so not really interested in a 62 or 78, and I definitely know not to get a TomTom or to use my phone.

So, which one of the three should I get??