Gatsrivier a worthwhile ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
JUST four hours from Cape Town lies Gatsrivier guest farm nesteled between the Roggeveld andf Koedoesberg Mountains. Close to Oliviersberg where the Gats River rises and eventaully spills into the Doring river in the Tankwa Karoo.
Here on the banks of the Ongeluks river lies a magical and quiet farm.
Calle and I left Wellington at 11.30 on a Staurday, stopped over in Ceres for Petrol and eventually reached Gatsrivier at about 3.30pm.
Hennie the owner is one of the most hospitable hosts and tucked up later in his Lapa we enjoyed watching rugby.
Here are a few photographs and video of the trip plus the GPS route.

Video clip from the Sutherland turnoff the R355 and then right onto the Laingsburg Patats Rivier road and left to Gatsrivier. Home via Rondawel Road and Tankwa Padstal and back over Katbakkies.

Gear up for Gatsrivier

Attachments

• Gatrivier route.gdb
    132 KB
just the photo,s make such a difference beautiful  boer maak plan

Nice possie thanks for the share  :ricky:

Ek het dit al van tevore gese en gaan dit weer se, julle lucky bliksems bly in die mooiste gedeelte van ons land en het die beste paaie om te gaan ry.  :thumleft: :ricky:

I thought it would be better to add to Robin Browns thread rather than start another about the same place.

Today we went to Gats Rivier with Robin Brown.Tony Bones & his son Zak and me ( Andy660),  &
Dogyloss , Dogyloss went with us part of the way until his departure to go and camp with his lady at Die Mond

On the way ,

Tony Bones and his son Zak

3 XT660 Teneres and 1 DR650

Dogyloss and his lady Friend

Tony and Robin Brown

Robin Brown stranggles Zak

What a lekker ride to the farm,

On the farm there are 6   x 2 spoor/ 4x4 loops.
Its a very lekker ride just going there.

Hennie and the neighboring farm owner Piet are very good  hosts, to the point I was wondering what excuse  I could use to sleep over there. Lol

Hennie told us they still have leopard on the farm which keep the Baboons in check , and there are plenty of small antelope to be seen in the area.
Pic loading

Having a new born " Laat Lamatjie" in the house  , is a bit tiering & its so peaceful here !

Bike resting in the shade too , lol

Thanks chaps, at least my day at the office was spent productively albeit reading your RR and being envious! ;)