Gauteng 17/02 - A really cool ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Thanks to Blazes and the other who made this ride possible, I really enjoyed riding with you people. The ride was more technical than I had thought it would be, but the sweeper did his work well, we only got a little bit lost once, and lunch was great.

Hope to be riding with you all soon again. Here's some pics, hope the other will be adding here. The first pic is the meeting place, the second is the first rest stop. The third is also the rest stop, showing a herd of wild DS bikes and their riders grazing in the field.

To the lady in the pack - respect!

See ya all again.

Uncle

Attachments

• 100_0865.jpg
    100_0865.jpg
    60.8 KB
  • 100_0866.jpg
    100_0866.jpg
    36.5 KB
  • 100_0867.jpg
    100_0867.jpg
    44.2 KB
Agree, great ride and good fun. Thanks to everyone, especially Aquatic for meeting me and showing me the way.
As for my first ride, what a jol. Although it was only time before that front tyre slipped into an irrecoverable state of affairs. Bent the bars and had to limp home ::) Although I had this smile on my face the whole way (wtf), I definately need more of this.

Thanks.

Thanks to the guys who organized the ride - was great. Must admit when I got home I put the feet up and was out for the count - must have been good, but I am not bike-fit ! Attached (I Hope) is my GPS track for the part I did. I joined the last 6 for the south leg back to Cullinan, but peeled off on tar home there. Also attached a "speed plot" - I was towards the back for most of the ride so it pretty much represents "ride sweeper speed"
Thanks again
Peter

Attachments

• CullinanTrack20070217.jpg
    CullinanTrack20070217.jpg
    156.5 KB
  • CullinanTrack20070217.jpg
    CullinanTrack20070217.jpg
    156.5 KB
heyta gunda gunda,,,,,

thanx for making this ride such a magic one with the cuppacino on the hillside overlooking wildebeest and other game ,,,,a ride without you will never be the same again,,,,so please watch this space for more rides,,and i'll bring the cookies and chocolates

so, now all we need to do is teach blazes to rather mix the cuppacino with water next time and not want to eat it out of the packet