Gauteng Bosberaad 24th April 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepBass9

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
The other thread about this has become kind of long and confusing, so here are all the details in one place:

These are the directions:
Drive into Magaliesburg from the JHB/Kdorp side. Drive through the dip and as you come up to the top of the rise take the left fork (R509 to Koster). Drive 17km and then turn off right at the Wind in the Willows turnoff. This is a farm road so follow it and take all the right turns (marked with dream lodge signs). Its about 4km of dirt and there you are. The link below has a map.

For Dawid S, from Lichtenburg drive the R509 through Koster, Derby, Boons, eventually you get to Syferbult. Once you see a railway bridge over the road it is about 2kms further on your left marked 'Wind in the Willows' and the rest is the same as above. The railway bridge has 'Volkstaat' spraypainted on it so have your passport ready.  :mwink:

https://www.dreamlodge.co.za/map.htm
GPS coords 25.9764°S 27.3838°E

WARNING: Beware the road, we had a monstrous hail storm that washed away most of the road and I have only half fixed it, so there are large patches of loose deep gravel and sand, and deep ruts that said loose gravel and sand came out of. Try not to fall in the ruts, they keep your wheels going straight while the bike is going somewhere else.

As before there will be a huge fire, braai facilities, ice, lots of camping space, so bring what you think you will need. I'll make pap  :pot:  and sous   :dousing:  and provide paper plates.

The weather report this morning said 0% chance of rain, and there hasn't been any yet so hopefully it will be dry. I'm looking forward to another epic party.  :thumleft:

Group rides to get here seem to be starting from the Sasol at the bottom of Krugersdorp hill, but I'm sure you can sort that out yourselves.

See you all on Friday.

DB9