Gauteng Sunday 2nd November Z Hill Erasmia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Yet another long lekker eventful day :biggrin:

We set off from the Castle Garage at 7:30am and headed for Erasmia.

TankGirl Met up with us there and after a quick fuel stop the fun began.

The Trail leading up to the Z Hill was hard to find and lots of fun to ride but nothing like the hill itself  :eek:

Lots of rocks and washouts made for a adrenalin fueled assent. Got to the top with my heart racing and the sweat running down my face and this was only 8:30

Li was not in the mood for fighting the mountain and waited for us under a tree. Ian on the XR had a nasty drop on the way up and after fighting to get the bike back on the trail was to exhausted and hot to continue so he kept Li company under the tree. Tankgirl's little 125 had a tough time keeping its momentum up the hill and I ended up practically pedaling it up the last little stretch of the hill. Once up the hill we followed the trail around the mountain and ended up right inside the quarry. TG had a small off and managed to break her front break lever "No front breaks No Problem" she said "I Just wont Stop"  :D . Cracker then decided to show of his sand skills in the quarry and did very well until he rode up to us and dropped the bike on its side for no reason, In true WD style the cameras were out before the bike was picked up.  We drove around the quarry for a while and managed to find the exit. The look on the faces of the 3 guards at the gate when we drove up from the inside was pure confusion. I apologized and said we had gotten lost, Before they could kak us out I asked them for directions to the hennops river. They pointed the route out and opened the gate. No stress.

Back on the route we picked up Li and Ian and headed of towards Harties for brunch. A few Zamaleks had been consumed at this point thanks to Pistol  :thumleft:

We had a lekka kak praat session with brunch and then headed to the lost bridge just past Pecan Wood for some more cold ones.

From there we took a dirt detour past Glen Afric game farm that almost claimed 2 bikes, Myself and Cracker both hit a speed bump at speed and did the typical nosedive wheelie. As I got control of my bike I looked back to see Cracker with his head over the bars and his ass in the air. I don't know how the hell he made it around that corner but somehow he did. You better chuck those undies away dude ;)

Ganjora then lead the way to the river crossing close to lanseria, We were about 3 kays from the river when Usurper had a rear puncture. Who would have guessed!

He set about changing the tube and in his haste managed to pinch it  :mad: Take it out and do it again!

At this point Ganjora and Nomad head off to get some refreshments we repair the tire and proceed to the river with no sign of the Refreshment party, After the river crossing they show up but Ganjora doesn't look happy. As it turns out he tried to grind his hand guards on the tar around a bend and 90kph when for some unknown reason the nobbly's let go and he hit the deck. Nothing broken on rider or bike but I could see Dave was in pain! We had a rest under the trees and spoke some more kak and had  a Zama or 2. From there we headed back through chartwell via Puddles's Bridge (NO water to cross this time) and then home.

Another awesome day with the Dogs.

I had so much fun I didn't take many pictures but I'm sure the others will post some more.

Almost at the top of the Hill
znov1.jpg

The Top
znov2.jpg

Ridding along the mountain track
znov3.jpg

znov4.jpg

znov5.jpg

znov6.jpg

Puncture Stop  :-\

znov7.jpg

znov8.jpg

znov9.jpg

The River Crossing
znov10.jpg

znov11.jpg

Resting time under the trees
znov12.jpg

znov14.jpg

znov16.jpg

znov17.jpg

Till the next one

Jules

hurrah!! a great day indeed! brakes schmakes ;D

loved every minute except walking the last couple metres up the hill :p

muchos gracias to my rescuers Ã?3! :)
first the hill, then the brake lever, and lastly the floods

out of the 4 pics i took only two came out ± postable:

ganjora, you should have landed on your head bru! :p
but as long as all your funny bones are still intact, we're good :D

This ride rocked!!!   :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks guys and girls for an awesome day.
Tank Girl must be into S&M cause she was whipping that 125's ass till is eyes were watery  >:D ,no seriously, you did well!
And thanks for everybody's help with the puncture fix; even the 2 Aussies on the KTMs that rocked up, jump off, popped my tire back on the rim, hop back on the bike and off they went, how was that!!!????

Ganjora hope your not to sore...  :mwink:

nice one guys...

a little tender...  actuallly a lot....  ass and left knee feel broken...  On the upside,  i now know exactly when D606's let go mid corner...  Man,  as i went into the corner,  i knew i was a bit to hot for it.  Saw a superbike coming in the opposite direction,  saw the whites of his eyes as i lost it....  Bam,  road,  sky,  road,  sky,  road,  sky,  road,  sky......  Zero damage to bike.  A very swollen and tender left knee.  Did i mention my broken ass????

didn't take too many pics,  was too busy talking shyte and drinking beer,  but here's what i got.....

Attachments

• 02112008307.jpg
    02112008307.jpg
    50.1 KB
  • 02112008308.jpg
    02112008308.jpg
    81.3 KB
  • 02112008309.jpg
    02112008309.jpg
    110.9 KB
  • 02112008310.jpg
    02112008310.jpg
    130 KB
Nice ride there guys  :thumleft:

Sorry, but had a good laugh at Ganjora. That D606's aint no racing slicks brother  ;D

Was that my pal Renier I spotted there on the X-Challenge? Did the battery last? ;D

Cudo's to Tankgirl - she always surprises with her riding skill :thumleft:

Thanks for the hangover, Ganjora!

A good day's riding, boys and girls. Looks like you got to K, Jules. Both mine and Ganjora's bike bucked us. I'm off to DNA for some more bits, again.

Thanks again Jules, and Li for the sunblock :thumleft: And ganjora for the entertainment >:D Sorry I left a little early, but need to keep the missus happy so I can ride again :-\ Spent the rest of the day in the pool with cold beers :mwink:

Looks like you guys and gals had another great one!!  :thumleft:

Well done tankgirl for keeping us gals names high!!  :biggrin:

Ganjora - heal soon  :3some:

Sounds like you are going for adverture riding in a big way - great ride report.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME DAY OUT!! Especially enjoyed the chilling out by the river and blasting through that road where cracker did a polish wheelie. Ganjora didn't even stop to check if his bike was ok after the spill (That how badly he wanted the beer I'm sure) but it was a sure fire way to get the guys at the bottle store to open their doors for the bruised thirsty biker!! Tank girl was impressive with the way she managed to keep her 125 with the other bigger capacity bikes even when her front brake lever was snapped off. Thanks to everyone for making it a kick ass day!!!

Here you go.

I Marked the points where we ended up in the Quarry, I think its better off turning around at the locked gate and going back down the hill again.

Jules

Attachments

• J ZHill and Harties Nov08.gdb
    18.4 KB
Jules

Loot the valley behind your bike in pic no.s 5 and 6. what about 'exploring' that as a descent, or maybe even an ascent. The thought crossed my mind while we were stopped and it looked plausible. Probably a one way trip though.

Cracker

Cracker said:
Jules

Loot the valley behind your bike in pic no.s 5 and 6. what about 'exploring' that as a descent, or maybe even an ascent. The thought crossed my mind while we were stopped and it looked plausible. Probably a one way trip though.

Cracker

Yea, I just had a look on Google Earth and there seems to be a foot path going down from there. Should be fun to try :biggrin:

Jules

That looked nice. When are you doing it again?

Another lesson learned on this trip....
When removing your back wheel dont stick your face up against the exhaust can ...  ::)

Attachments

• Burnt face.jpg
    Burnt face.jpg
    10.9 KB
man

that's my last Sunday: Jules Ride

I'm still stukkend...