Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddyS

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
I'm not quite sure where to post this, so admin remove if in wrong spot. At the moment I have an extremely tight budget and need advice on good cheap gear. I know it's not the best way to go, but this is just to start off with while I get my feet back under me.
As you might know, I am totally new to ADV riding. I decided to do things back to front and bought the bike before the gear :D. I do have a normal street helmet that I am currently using, but would like ADV gear.
I noticed some people use MX helmets and others ADV helmets. Jackets, pants, boots...I need all the advise I can get. Well here's hoping I win the Leatt Boots Giveaway then boots wont be a concern ;-).
Can someone advise the best route to go? My end game is to travel SA via as many dirt roads as possible.
Please, please note, I am not a fashion crazy chick who needs to look good on her bike. I'm here for fun and not fashion so I really do not care if it is male or female gear, as long as it fits and keeps the important body parts safe.
Thanks in advance for all the tips and advice.
Have a great one and stay safe out there.