German engineering where you need it most on a bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
It has been raining in Gauties since yesterday. When I got to my ysterperd yesterday afternoon to ride home, and opened the topbox there was a little dam inside it.... although water is known to have a calming effect on people... it didnt really do it for me at that stage.

WTF i thought.. this is just not good enuf... then i remembered that at the "handover" of my bike it was noted that the (start german accent) duct tape is for vaterproofing vere ze aluminium joins, ze rubber is for vaterproofing and ze tight seal (end german accent). Strange i thought.. the germans must have been lazy... but if it works.. i dond really hav ze problem vith it.

But after everyday use for the past 4 months now, i suppose it does take a bit of a beating. I vas sinking of using ze silicone sealant in ze toob to achieve a better more vaterproof seal.

I will give feedback on the effectiveness of my souf effrican solution.

What really pissed me off was the fact that my precious learners paper is soaked and had to be surgically removed from the plastic folder in order to ensure survival untill i go for the real test.