GET READY FOR WARR ... NATIONAL BASH 27 - 30 OCTOBER 2022

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

BiG DoM

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Will both tech routes be offered on each day - or separate each day?

Kamanya

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
So, in theory at any rate, one could have upward of 100 on a ride? :unsure: ... with the other 100 split between Port Nolloth and the bar :cool:
Yes, but I doubt it.

The first 6k's will be where anyone who isn't very comfortable in sand and rocks will have to turn back. It's designed like that so guys aren't 30k's in and can't go any further.

I think the biggest issue will be the few who have the skills and right bikes talking their buddies into doing it who don't, "You'll be fine, I'll ride with you. That 990 was made for this!"

There was a guy on one Amageza who was talked into entering on his 1200GS by his buddy. 100m from the start of the special at Lainsberg's river bed, he couldn't any more and had to bail.

There is river rafting, hiking and quite a few places to ride to on both sides of the border. There will be a lot of bikes coming and going all over the place, but I don't think a ton will do the technical sections.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
So, in theory at any rate, one could have upward of 100 on a ride? :unsure: ... with the other 100 split between Port Nolloth and the bar :cool:

In theory YES but in practice I highly doubt it

I fried the clutch on my 701 after 8 hours in thick twisty sand and rocks on day 3 of our recce ... I was exhausted ... and the late nights getting stuck in the bar didn't help either

We decided against making that route part of the BASH ... recovering bikes and riders from there would be extremely difficult

The TRANSPORTER

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Jip theres the answer like Kamanya and Bendit said,the light plastic type bike necessary for that technical sections,so i will use my logic and brain power for once...and know my limitations with a bigger bike and ride where its suitable for me and have a look at Port Nolloth and the bar...:)

Tampan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Jip theres the answer like Kamanya and Bendit said,the light plastic type bike necessary for that technical sections,so i will use my logic and brain power for once...and know my limitations with a bigger bike and ride where its suitable for me and have a look at Port Nolloth and the bar...:)
Ja. Ek was nog nooit in Port Nolloth nie. Ek het gister bietjie "navorsing" gedoen. Daar is 'n hele paar baie lekker pozzies in Port Nolloth waar mens 'n biertjie met 'n seekossie kan vat, terwyl jy oor die see kyk. En dis net bietjie meer as 'n uur se ry van Vioolsdrift af.
Klink vir my na 'n plan. :cool:

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Ja. Ek was nog nooit in Port Nolloth nie. Ek het gister bietjie "navorsing" gedoen. Daar is 'n hele paar baie lekker pozzies in Port Nolloth waar mens 'n biertjie met 'n seekossie kan vat, terwyl jy oor die see kyk. En dis net bietjie meer as 'n uur se ry van Vioolsdrift af.
Klink vir my na 'n plan. :cool:
Vroeg oggend weg, Vioolsdrift oor die grens al teen die rivier af tot by Sendelingsdrift gaan oor met die pond. Ry Alexanderbaai toe grondpad en dan teer Port Nolloth. Lekker middagete daar. En dan teer terug Viools toe.(y)

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Of as Sendelingsdrift nog nie oop is nie maar Oranjemund wel hou aan Rosh Pinah toe maak vol en ry Oranjemund toe en gaan daar oor die Oranje na Alexanderbaai en dan Port Nolloth.

Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Is it worth going through all the effort to cross the border, including possible delays both ways? Have never been, so keen to hear your input to help plan my trip.

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Is it worth going through all the effort to cross the border, including possible delays both ways? Have never been, so keen to hear your input to help plan my trip.
Fillmore if you're asking me I have no idea how fast they are now with covid rules having to be applied. It used to be fast SA side NAM side longer as you have to fill in road tax forms and pay.

JacoM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Myskouer is goed moer toe, maar rehab begin en my lus is sterk om te join..
Do you need to cross the border if I want to do the technical routes?
Sorry, but I have absolute no knowledge of the area?

Kamanya

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Myskouer is goed moer toe, maar rehab begin en my lus is sterk om te join..
Do you need to cross the border if I want to do the technical routes?
Sorry, but I have absolute no knowledge of the area?
No the technical routes all happen in the Rischtersveld.

Kaboef

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
You dont have to cross the border to have a lekker outride on a big bike.
From Vioolsdrif through Helskloof, and then to Koeboes, Eksteenfontein and back.

Lovely riding area. Wish I could join.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Yes definitely especially if you have not been into Namibia

Fish river canyon is a must see - spectacular to see it for real

Border crossing is quick and easy

You need valid passport and bike paperwork

At the moment they still require a PCR test no older than 48 hours …but I am in touch with Namibia Port Health and will check again end September and update here

Tampan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
We entered with a valid vaccination certificate only, no PCR test.
This was in June, at Ariamsvlei.