Givi S850

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I'm a newbie. Will be getting my first GS 1150 next week. I've got a GPS for my car (Garmin 1310) and have always resented the idea of having to get another one for the bike; on the bike GPS's are really expensive. Had a look on the internet after hearing that some tank bags have compartment for GPS. Thought this was a neat idea and found this: GIVI S850. https://www.iwarehouse.co.za/motorbike-accessories/luggage-luggage-attachment/givi/soft-luggage/givi-s850-gps-h-bar-bag

Theres a few different suppliers out three but they sell it seems for the same price: R570. I actually prefer this to a regular GPS RAM mount because it's more shock proof (I think - and car GPS's aren't that robust), and it attaches with velcro  straps. When stopping over at a gas station it's as simple as removing it from the handle bars and taking it with you (since it's small it's not a big hassle) and you can keep your cell phones in there as well...It's also waterproof. I'm getting this soon, don't have to worry about getting an expensive bike GPS. For those who share my sentiments have a look at the product.  :)