GLOVES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
After more than 40 years of bike riding , I have had many many pairs of gloves , but to this day its still a hit and miss situation , as not all are created equally , most MX type are pretty close , they made out of stretchy material and offer fair protection . Moving to road bike gloves its a complete different story , here we have leather and leather mix gloves , some fit just right off the bat , and others take a bit of time to be comfortable.
I bought a pair of ICON leather glove from a member , very nice , first try on the were tight but ok . but wearing them on the first ride the right glove fingers fitted nice , left felt a bit short , but now after about 2 weeks of daily use the left is just about perfect , no more pressure on the finger tips .
I took a chance and bought a pair off WISH, branded FURYGAN , First pair was a xl and they were a bit big , so ordered another pair in L and they fitted just perfect . problem is shipping is now a chance , and one cannot be sure that you will receive the goods . They are still wearable but taking strain after 4 years of daily use .
Moving on ,I need a pair of winter gloves for a upcoming trip into freezing conditions . I would like a non gauntlet pair , I go to the shops but they dont have any that says buy me . I look online but still come up short . I keep tabs on market place . And find a new pair of ALIPNE STAR Gore-Tex gloves , price is right , size is right . I read reviews on them , and buy the glove . Review said they a bit tight , but 100% waterproof and the Gore-Tex lining should keep hands warm . Take them home and fit them on again , yes they tight but ok , next morning I do a test ride to work , and seems they not as warm as I was led to believe , I think as a touring glove that is waterproof they will work well , but as a touring winter glove , might miss the mark . I will test again over the weekend , maybe as they are still new and need to wear in a bit they could become better .
For now its back to the drawing board and still looking for suitable winter gloves . The ROSPA ( IfI have the name correct) seems to be a nice winter glove , mix of leather and fabric . Will try to find a pair . Search continues .