Going to a meeting, Backpacker owner style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casting from Turd

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Well Monday morning brake to a beautiful sunrise and as I looked out the window Turd was waiting!!

So I obliged him and started loading!!

thought about the route for a while and plotted it on my GPS, transferred the maps and low and behold, GPS tuned me, nooit bru, I is for sleeping now.  Nothing, Nada, ...............(add the rest of the narrative yourself). Well i schemed, not a problem. I mos know the route!!!!!

En Route to paterson I came across these 2 boys just chilling
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Started out and took the R342 to Paterson where I put food into Turds tank.
Then up the N10 to the Alicedale turn off.
Just outside Alicedale took the road that goes to Riebeck East.

Beaut of a road. Stoney, sharp curves and a really nice little "technical mountain pass"

Got to the top where I took the mandatory gate pics

Well I thought, I know the road. Bugger my GPS, Philimon, as he was on its way to Jobeg for a software upgrade.

The destination was Fort Beaufort, across the Koonap River. Looking to the sun for navigation and thinking I was on the right track I took the right hand side of the fork in front of me. Seemed the logical thing to do at the time!!!!  yeah right. I mean left, or was it straight?????

Along the road some guys were mending a fence so I did what most men wouldn't do...........I asked where I was!

Haaibo umlungu, u bega ngase bedford ingoku!  What, Bedford??? cant be I answered them. I want to go to Bofolo I said. Iyo, nKosana, uselathekele ngoko they said.  :ImaPoser:

Well I had to backtrack around 50 km to a road that looked strangely familiar. A fork that somehow I recognized.
The sign said Gardeners Drift. 

Oh well, I took the road to Gardners Drift an low and behold the Adelaide Fort Beaufort road appeared miraculously in front of me. By this time I could have eaten the ass out of a dead skunk I was so hungry!!
Into FB then, got to the total garage and they had sold out of Shamrock Pies. SOLD OUT........ Damn.
For those who dont know Shamrock Pies, the nest time you see one make sure you do yourself a huge favour in life and have one.
You have to order them by name though. Snake and pygmy and Curried snake. You will always get the same responce from the energetic lass behind the pie warmer. Heh,??  Blank stare fr a few seconds, then a shake of the head, and WHAT u wanting? in the next string of words that come out of their mouths.

Anyway, one word of warning. DO NOT EAT THEIR RUSSIAN ROLLS. The chances of a follow through are really good around 4 hours later.

Took the tar from FB to Hogsback through Alice and made a straight dash for the bog when I got their much to the amusement of Shane. Owner of Terra-Kaya.
What shane failed to tell me that it was MAgical Mountain Meat free Monday, bru!  WHAT??????????
Never heard of such drivel in my life!!  What is for dinner then??
Nooit bru, its like Dahl samoosas, local style!!!  I mean comon, Food eats veggies man.

At least I had stopped briefly at the butcher in FB so I had my private stash  :peepwall:

I was  sorted!!!

Attachments

• Image431.jpg
    Image431.jpg
    64.2 KB