Green Namibia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

David van Breda

BMW invited a few potential and exsisting clients to show them the new GS/Adventure on Saturday.  It was all very decent with koffie en koekies and everyone was nice to each other . . . really boring but they tried!  I met a few fellow riders that I've seen before and we decided to have a ride on Sunday.  Approx. 350kms of lekker wet dirt road around Windhoek.  We agreed to meet at 8 the next morning.

I have to confess that I was embarrased at my unpreparedness to ride in a group like this!  These Suidwesters were almost hardcore in their looks and all businesslike the Sunday.  Tankbags for who knows what, brilliantly fitted GPS's and serviceable tyres allround . . . except me!  Damn my rear tyre was like that first girlfriend bu . . . . ehh, forearm and I knew I was gonna have some fun! 

Anyway, I had no place for my camera, the small one's batteries were flat and I have never used my wife's camera with it's menu set on German ja...!  To cut a long story short, the pics are not great.  These guy gave me NO time to take any and I was forever playing catchup with my smooth tyres and all!  Be that as it may however, it was great fun and we all had a ball . . . except for the KTM oke who was bored by us.  He was young and in an even bigger hurry than the rest and bugged out at Okahandja taking the tar road back home.  Perhaps he was just tired . . . who knows, that KTM looked uncomfy but sounded like a million dollars with those twin Akrapovs!

So I promise next time, 2 weeks, I will try and take better piccies ok!

OK, we left in pouring rain, 1 KTM950, 1 GS, 1 Adventure, nog 'n Adventure but a 2008 model with 150kms on the clock, 1 HP2 with 900kms on the clock.  BMW was kind enough to give us the Adventure to sample with the warning that if we break it, we buy it!  ;)

IMG_9495.jpg

Early Sunday morning departing from the old BMW showroom

IMG_9527.jpg

Just look at that rear tyre . . . find a nobby and win a Datsun!

IMG_9534.jpg

German U-boot!  There were deeper ones but we did not stop for pictures.  I know Namibians are scared of water

IMG_9576.jpg

Making a splash

IMG_9557.jpg

Lady in red . . .  Pragtig!

IMG_9578.jpg

Taking a detour on this river crossing!

IMG_9587.jpg

Günther playing it safe!  Deep mud in the riverbed there! :eek:

IMG_9593.jpg

Gypsy on gate duty

IMG_9596.jpg

I am the brightspark with the helmet on!

IMG_9598.jpg

On top of the world . . . and its raining!

IMG_9605.jpg

HP2 struggling up a hill!

IMG_9637.jpg

Last stop of the trip!

Sjoe - Can't believe it's the same Namibia I saw 2 months ago!

Wow that place is beautifully green
Global Warming is doing wonders for Nam

Thanks for the report

Thanks for showing us!  Amazing how that land shows its gratefulness for some water. 

Unbelievably green there!

You are lucky to live in Nam, its a DS rider's wet dream.

Stunning. :)

Davy

As ek hou reg verstaan het BMW julle uitgenooi sodat julle die nuwe Adventure kan sample.

Maar ek sien daar was 'n ou met 'n HP2. Hoekom sou hy in 'n Adventure belangstel?  ;D ;D ;D

Se Jacko wie se HP2 volgende week in die Kaap aankom! Whooooohooooooooooo!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jacko said:
Davy

As ek hou reg verstaan het BMW julle uitgenooi sodat julle die nuwe Adventure kan sample.

Maar ek sien daar was 'n ou met 'n HP2. Hoekom sou hy in 'n Adventure belangstel?  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Miskien moet jy net in jou kassie terugklim

Hierdie opgewondenheid raak redelik iriteerend ;D

hehe

Plothond said:
Jacko said:
Davy

hehe

Plothond, jy gaan maar moet verskoon vir die volgende paar weke. Maar dis okay, jy's 'n sterk man, jy kan dit hanteer  :D

Jacko said:
Plothond said:

hehe

Plothond, jy gaan maar moet verskoon vir die volgende paar weke. Maar dis okay, jy's 'n sterk man, jy kan dit hanteer  :D

Jacko, jammer om jou teleur te stel, maar ou Plottie is eintlik 'n softie.

Nee Jacko,

Ou Riaan is een van 3 HP2 eienaars in Namibia en obviously so gelukkig soos 'n vark in modder, sy fiets het maar 900km op die klok, nat-nuut nog!

Gypsy Grewar, motorfiets racing legende van Namibia of eintlik nog Suidwes dae is ook 'n BM eienaar en BM was sommer maar net nice met ons!

Maar daai HP2 . . .  >:D

Davy, ons staan die 10 en 11de oor in Mariental op 'n plaas van familie van my. Ou Andreas is 'n Duitser (eintlik 'n veearts, maar hy boer lekker tussenin) en ons kuier altyd totdat die bloed in die sokkies loop.'

Altwee hotelle op Mariental en die een op Gochas behoort nou aan familie van my. So drink gaan ons drink... Prost!

Ek moet Namibie vir my HP2 gaan wys...  ;D

F*kkit man, ek worry nie eers oor my seer hol wat klaar bespreek is nie!

Daai HP2 f*k met 'n mens se kop. My verstand se dis nie 100% prakties nie, maar by hart... o, ek is in my moer.  O0