Groenie's KLR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Oppad

With this and that, I'm sukkeling to post a proper ride report to (uneventful) and from (slightly eventful) Hogsback. However I can't let this pic go to wast. Groenie, who is probably more in love with his KLR than most of us are with ours (we all love them, don't we?) was telling all and sundry - those who wanted to hear and those who did not - about his trick scoot, even going to the extreme of parking it in font of the mess hall/kuierplek at Hogsback so that nobody could pass without seeing the bike and talking about it to Groenie.

At one time Kilroy was summoned to wheelie it in order to demonstrate the added power from the airbox conversion (standard KLR's wheelie too, but apparently Groenie's does it easier). Here is the pic

Attachments

• hogs01.jpg
    hogs01.jpg
    58.9 KB
No, I can't.

Here's another one

a066.jpg

Hey Groenie, let's go do that wheelie-machine-thing and then we show them HOW TO WHEELIE!!! ha ha ha . . .

On the way back from the bash, in EL, I tried to pull off too quick once and got the fright of my life when the bleddie scooter just reared up and nearly dropped me. So I can also say I have wheelied my bike.

After seeing Groenie's KLR i'm in love with mine all over again.... thoughts of selling it is long gone.... and thoughts of modifying mine to Groenie standards are planted solidly in my head. Groenie has one hell of a lekker KLR.

take a look at pic 2, looks like you can load some firewood on the back of that KLR!