Groot Marico WD Weekend - Ride & Route planning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
For the G-M weekend people.

Started this thread as the other one is up to page 26, and we have not even got onto planning the rides and routes yet.

So I have started this thread to concentrate on the riding aspect of the weekend - I'd like to be involved in collating, editing and publishing the routes and maps (if you'll have me!).

Now it was Blazes' idea, and I think it is sound, that we would not try to have a mass ride, but rather publish suggested routes and let the folks shop about for what they like, and who they'd like to do it with.

I think a mass ride with the number of bikes, differences in speed and arival times is going to be almost impossible.

I did the Alfie Cox weekend in 2007 and it was done this way and I think it worked extremely well. (I think SGB put it together) They emailed us GPS tracks in advance, and gave us maps/roadbooks of the routes on arrival. Each route had more technical and longer "chilli" optional loops as well as the "green" routes.

I am not sure if we can find chilli routes, but we could have optional loops depending on how far/fast the people want to go.

What I enjoyed, as a slower rider, was that I could head out early on each route in the knowledge that the faster guys could catch me if I fell. 

As a first task I intend to collect all the routes on G-M I can find on the forum and stick them on a consolidated map and then we can start the negotiation and compilation into something workable.

Hows that sound?    Comments and suggestions please.

Latest posts