GS 1150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Hi, I'm a new guy in more than one way. Next week if all goes well I'll have my first big bike, GS 1150. It still has the cat converter, so I'm trying to find a workshop in JHB area that can get me a proper Y-piece without having to sell the bike to get enough cash to buy the Y-piece. Also, I'm thinking while i'm at it, are there any ideas out there to better the performance of this bike (and maybe the fuel consumption then)?

I guess removing the cat converter will help with the breathing.. should I also replace the can in order to reap the rewards?, or will simply removing the cat converter provide a tangible difference? I hear it weighs 13kg...that alone seems good enough reason to remove it.

Also, I've read that KN airfilters bring up mixed opinions. What about BMC? Are they any better? If someone knows of workshops in JHB where I can get the stuff I'd appreciate it! Any comments also appreciated .