GS 800 Volatge Regulator Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15464

Race Dog
Reaction score
During the process of warming my GS800 up until the fan comes on in order to check the oil level my headlight blew and the display on the dash disappeared.....I then put a volt meter across the battery and all was good until the bike got hot. The volts went from 14.2 and started spiking to 17 volts...As soon as the voltage spiked the display went off...This apparently is a built in fail safe that switches the display off when the voltage exceeds the threshold...I then ordered a new Mosfet type voltage regulator from RM Stator in Canada via eBay...This regulator runs cooler than conventional regulators...The order was placed on the 09th of May and it arrived on the 18th...The price was almost the same as a new one from BMW (R2400) but with the import duties etc it came to about R600 more than the OEM part... I have just tested it and it's way cooler and the voltage was very constant at 14.1 volts right up until the fan came on...
If your display goes off its a good idea to test your regulator and it only takes a few minutes..

https://rmstator.com/en_us/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-125429_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-125429_eBay.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 0