GS = Geen Sand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
This is a short little report about another visit to the famous Atlantis Dunes.

GS0029.jpg

This part of the country hasn't seen rain in a while and the dunes are as soft as it will probably get.
Despite this some okes still find it suitable to ride in, come hell or high sand...

The image and video was generated by my phone so please take it for what it is. In the video you can see
a GS knee-deep in sand.  >:D

That pic says it all :D

The video doesn't show my side though, right-clicking says that the movie is not loaded ???

EDIT - dit werk!

Sjoe, I cringe at the thought of the sand in between the wheel and chain of that 800

Looks a little bit rough there!

How did they get the bikes out hahaha :laughing4:

We were at the parkland sand monster last sunday and had a helluva time

SACK came charging up that dune when he made the mistake of tapping off ever so slightly (I'm grateful he did though as my XR was in the target zone)
The 800 decided it needed a rest and stopped dead with SACK doing a spectacular dismount which might please Superman himself.  :biggrin:

Karoobossie said:
Looks a little bit rough there!

How did they get the bikes out hahaha :laughing4:

We were at the parkland sand monster last sunday and had a helluva time
Seker maar 'n retoriese vraag...

MrBig said:
SACK came charging up that dune when he made the mistake of tapping off ever so slightly (I'm grateful he did though as my XR was in the target zone)
The 800 decided it needed a rest and stopped dead with SACK doing a spectacular dismount which might please Superman himself.  :biggrin:

Been there done that in dunes over here. Lost my indicators in the process as well. Keeping the front end of the 800 light in dunes is a mission.

Mr Big, nice to have met you, although it was just a hello at the robots.

I hope it rains soon, as I want to go to Atlantis on the 20th. Don't know if I'll cope with that yet. :eek:

Pleco said:
Mr Big, nice to have met you, although it was just a hello at the robots.

I hope it rains soon, as I want to go to Atlantis on the 20th. Don't know if I'll cope with that yet. :eek:

:D
Sorry man - had to get back to Stellenbosch by 11:30 so not much time.
Only after-wards realised it was you!

We actually came looking for you guys after spending a few hours in Atlantis.
From Atlantis we followed the railway road and popped into the backend of the sandpit at Melkbos.
The track from there is a wicked 10km's of whoops. It was a fun morning.

Atlantis is a lot more fun than the sand in Parklands but it's also potentially a lot more dangerous.
It's easy to go too fast and a mistake on a sharp dune can spell disaster.
Hope to see you there soon though.