Guesthouses/ Accomodation/ campsites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisL

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I was looking for guesthouses the other day for a weeklong trip. Used the internet to find and book places. Was very disapointed to arrive in two different towns and despite the fact that I booked and paid the owners didn't know a thing about me. Took a lot of hassle and additional bankstatements etc to proof to the internet based company that I have booked and made payment via EFT. (I have have used the reference nr and all that too...).

The people at different guesthouses also told me that the booking agent actually adds another 25% to the price despite the fact that they claim they don't charge any additional fees on the site...

To cut a long story short...

Can't we start a "sticky" here of guesthouses/ accommodation we have stayed in and our experience as well as an idication of the price and possible contact numbers?

Such a "source" might assist to not arrive somewhere 600km down the road whilst tired and sweating like a pig to find you don't have a place to stay...

Have searched the site but don't find something like this??

Ideas? Administrators?