Have 2 days spare in a 10 day trip. Help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distronium

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi All
In march (around the public holidays area) a buddy and me are doing a 10 day bike trip through SA. It is planned as follows:
Now most of it will be on Tar but after Cape Town I would like to do some dirt up the west coast. But looking at gravel highways (a green route so to speak) . Do not want to do thick sand etc. Just easy relaxing dirt  ;) – is there such a thing?

So planned trip on our GSs:

• JHB  - Port Edward (day 1)
• Port Alfred (day 2)
• Mossel Bay (day 3)
• Cape Town (Stay here for an extra day with family) -day 4 and 5
• Then through a trip through the Western cape (paarl, stellenbosh, franshoek etc)  I see there is some dirt from Citrusdal to Clan william (the olifants river is between that road and the n7 on google maps) – how is that piece? Then from Clanwilliam we are either going to sleep in lamberts bay or elands bay. Is there any good dirt to eiteh rof those to places? (Day 6)

So far that’s 6 days and we are in lamberts/ elands bay.  Now I want to be in Port nolloth at the end of day 8 then spend 2 days going home from Port Nolloth to JHB.

I have 2 days spare and I am not sure where to go from lamberts/ elands bay to where?.  Going inland and back again is fine. So any lekker gravel high ways (preferably)/ tar to explore with awesome scenery?  

Have been reading some ride reports etc. but hoping for more clarity in that area.
Thanks for any input.