Hearing Protection with Music in the Ear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakbos

Pack Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Good Day Members

I’m investing the feasibility of manufacturing earplugs for us bikers that will act as a hearing protector and at the same time be connected to your mp3 player.

Those of you who have read some of the available biking magazines would have seen an ad for Noiseban custom made hearing protectors supplied by HASS.

I am an agent for HASS and I have asked them to manufacture an earpiece made of silicon with a build-in commercially available sound monitor. The sound monitor that was used is Sennheiser CX 150. I have been testing it on the bike for some weeks now and I’m quite impressed. I’m even using it at the gym on the treadmill. Doesn’t keep on falling out. I’m using a Shoei Hornet helmet and I was able to use the earpiece without any problems.

The cost, including postage, would be more or less R2000.00. The cost would also be influenced by the sound monitor that is used and traveling cost to make ear impressions.

Earpiece connected to mp3 player.

Earpiece

Earpiece

The pro’s:

• Custom made for your ears;
• Comfortable, it doesn’t irritates the ear and you can wear it almost the whole day;
• Anti-allergic and cleanable;
• Eliminates the wind noise because it is inserted into the ear canal. This ensures very good sound quality which means you don’t have to turn up the volume just to hear the music and so prevent noise induced hearing loss.
• Serves as a hearing protector for the oke’s with the load pipes. It doesn’t filter out all the noise, so you can still hear the bikes engine or should anybody hoot at you.

The con’s

• I need to make an ear impression of your ears to manufacture the ear pieces. Seeing that we all do not live close to each other this might be a logistical problem. Impressions can also be made at any Ear Institute across the country. Detailed planning will be done if there is enough intrest in the product.

OK, so this is the pooratech version. For the oke’s with lots of money you can have the Phonak product which is also available. The difference is that the speaker are build into the ear piece which makes it smaller so that it doesn’t protrudes out of the ear. For this you will need to pay more or less R4 600.00.

Phonak product

Phonak product

So. what do you think? Would you buy a product like this?

Should you require more info please contact me at  0 ate three 282 7503, or send me a PM.

Have a nice day.

Hakbos