Hello from Japan!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, y'all! I am living in Japan, but I grew up in Cape Town. I go back every few years for the winter.

I own a DR 650 in the states that I have ridden on multiple off-road trips. The most recent was the eastern half of the TAT.

In Japan I have two TT250r's. One has a big bore kit to take it up to 350. Bloody fun to ride. The other is just for trashing around!

I often go to northern Thailand where I ride a old beat up xr250 in the hills for a few weeks.

Next winter I am thinking to pick up a couple of used dual sports to take on a three-four week trip around in the bush. This time my partner will be joining me for the first time. She putters around on a xt250 here in Japan. She used to be a semi serious street rider.

If anyone has some advice or ideas on where to pick up a couple of small dual sport bikes please feel free to let you know. I am leery of buying things online with out having a kick around first. I have looked at the for sale section in the forum and there doesn't seem to much floating around.

Cheers,

Michael in Japan