Helmet vents and dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zagser

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR600
With the old bike I never ventured too far away from home, for a number of reasons.
I have lately been riding dirt for extended periods of time, and noticed that the inside of my helmet gets dusty, and the visor is covered with a fine dust layer.

Is there a way to minimise the amount of dust that enters a helmet while dirt riding?
I know it is the same as asking how to keep your swiming pants dry when swinming :p, but was hoping there is a way to arrange the openings/vents to minimize the dust ingress?
I have glasses, so wearing goggles would not really be an option, and with the weather being what it has been lately, I do not think it would be possible to survive if the vents are closed.
I have three vents on my helmet, chin, forehead and at the back of the helmet, system v.

Also had a nice bee sting the other day while riding with the visor up, and would like to prevent that from ever hapening again.

Any suggestions?